Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 1st gen. iPod touch - Issues connecting to the internet - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1605138-1st-gen-ipod-touch-issues-connecting-to-internet/

Author:   Tirannaniel
Date:   Dec 25, 10 at 3:59am (PST)
Subject:   1st gen. iPod touch - Issues connecting to the internet
-------------------------------------------
Okay, so recently whenever I try and use the internet on my iPod touch I am not able to. I have always been able to connect to my home wifi before, and I have tried to connect my iPod at other locations and it works there - just not at home, when I need it the most. It says I am connected (full bars) but when I try and use safari it either 1) comes up with a screen saying that loading the page is an "invalid argument" or 2) will come up with the "connecting" screen, but will not connect, no matter how long I wait.

I have already tried resetting the network connections and rebooting my iPod, and neither have worked. Is there anything I can do? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Dec 25, 10 at 4:06am (PST)
Subject:   re: 1st gen. iPod touch - Issues connecting to the internet
Why not back up your iTouch and then do a restore? Could be what the iPod needs.

Date:   Dec 25, 10 at 4:30pm (PST)
I've tried that too *looks at first post* annnd forgot to mention it =( thanks anyways tho

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Dec 25, 10 at 8:11pm (PST)
Well your last hope is to go into the settings and hit on "Erase all content and settings" it'll completely wipe your phone and bring it back to factory settings. This SHOULD fix it, if not then you need to take a trip to the apple store.

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Dec 28, 10 at 6:18am (PST)
It could also be your router, I know that's what happened to me. My wired connection would work just fine, but it would be sporadic, and the Wi-Fi wouldn't work at all, as in it would transmit a signal to my iPod, but the router itself wouldn't connect to the internet.

Date:   Dec 28, 10 at 6:34am (PST)
Thank you two very much for your help! I've got it all fixed again, and it wasn't working due only to a very stupid mistake on my part. So thank you for your time!

Author:   smith 145
Date:   Jan 12, 11 at 7:09am (PST)
i think plz...manage the setting.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.