Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Game Center: Discussion and User Database - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1587190-game-center-discussion-user-database/

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Oct 22, 10 at 3:27am (PST)
Subject:   Game Center: Discussion and User Database
-------------------------------------------
So, those anyone actually use Game Center? I find it a little bit weird that when I open it up to check some scores it tells me with a nice white font "No Friends"...

It's a little worrying haha. So does anyone use it?

Neoseeker Game Center Database:
Note: If you want to be added to the list, please send me a PM since the notification system does not work for my account.

Author:   Ayriak
Date:   Oct 22, 10 at 3:51pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Game Center: Discussion and User Database
I do have the Game Centre, I'm yet to actually start using it though. Feel free to add me - nickname is Aura Smash.

I don't think I have many Game Centre games at the moment, but if there are any good ones you know of that you'd recommend (doesn't matter if they're free or not), please let me know. =)

Date:   Oct 23, 10 at 6:49am (PST)
Yeah, I don't have that many Game Center games either. Just Angry Birds, Angry Birds Halloween, and Real Racing. At the moment I don't see Game Center doing much other than to keep scores and achievements, but I'm thinking that later on as more games come through and developers update their games, we'll have some new features. Like, Real Racing is going to have an update for online playing or something.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Oct 24, 10 at 5:39pm (PST)
I've been without Wi-Fi for quite a while now so I really don't have much use for Game Center.

Author:   Driveshaft
Date:   Oct 27, 10 at 6:41pm (PST)
Just started using it actually. Nick name is Driveshaft815.

Only Game Center game that I have right now is Angry Birds though... I'm going to get some more soon though.

Author:   Beta
Date:   Oct 29, 10 at 10:55am (PST)
I don't like Game Center because you have to pay for most of the games

Date:   Oct 29, 10 at 11:47am (PST)
quote wiikid10
There's plenty of games that aren't that expensive, and I've yet to find a free game that's better than any of the paid games. A dollar or two here and there isn't going to break the bank balance, or your weekly allowance / pocket money.

Author:   Driveshaft
Date:   Oct 29, 10 at 12:40pm (PST)
Yeah... a lot of the Game Center games are cheap. Cheaper then going to the store and buying a bottle of soda. Angry Birds IIRC is only a dollar and one of the more addicting games.

Date:   Oct 29, 10 at 2:54pm (PST)
Just to add to my previous post wiikid10, and to add to Driveshaft's post, there are several good games available for a little more than a dollar, and there are at least half a dozen free games available through game center.

If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, go for Angry Birds (everyone seems to have it), and Fruit Ninja. They're both cheap, and both are very addictive.

Author:   Beta
Date:   Oct 29, 10 at 3:00pm (PST)
Thanks for the ideas!!!!!

Date:   Oct 29, 10 at 7:27pm (PST)
quote wiikid10
lol, that's like saying that you hate your Xbox 360 or PS3 because you gotta buy games so you can enjoy it.

Most Game Center games that I've seen are really cheap like Angry Birds, $0.99. But there are those occasional expensive ones and I know that every now and then they go on sale, so you can just wait for a bit. There are sites out there that can keep track of this for you and send you alerts when the apps are on sale.

But the games that I'm enjoying so far are Angry Birds, Angry Birds Halloween, Cut the Rope, Real Racing, and Pocket Frogs (free).

Guys think I should make a list of out Game Center usernames?

Date:   Oct 30, 10 at 2:54am (PST)
quote ZL
Guys think I should make a list of out Game Center usernames?

Sounds like a good idea to me, I know I'd definitely use it to send friend requests. Perhaps compiling a short list of (cheap) recommended and free games would entice a few more members to sign up for, and submit their Game Center ID too?

Author:   Heretic
Date:   Nov 15, 10 at 1:53pm (PST)
Well I have GC but no games for it, but I will also ad my Nick to the list if you ever make that thread lol

BTW my nick is Heretic <---- shocker I know lol XD

Date:   Nov 15, 10 at 2:02pm (PST)
Oh man, I keep forgetting about the list. This place lacks so much activity that I forgot about it. I'll do it later today after I'm done customizing my iPhone.

I'll just put it in this thread to avoid making a new thread.

Author:   Heretic
Date:   Nov 15, 10 at 3:07pm (PST)
Ok well that works for me and yes this place might be slower than the UDA forum lol XD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.