Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Question about Iphone 4 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1583942-question-about-iphone-4/

Author:   super michael
Date:   Oct 10, 10 at 3:50pm (PST)
Subject:   Question about Iphone 4
-------------------------------------------
I don't have the iphone or itouch. But I was thinking of buying a Itouch but since I have to buy a new mobile is it worth getting a Iphone instead?

Does the Iphone 4 have everything the Itouch 4th have?

Can the Iphone be used in airplanes?

Author:   Heretic
Date:   Oct 25, 10 at 12:42pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Question about Iphone 4
From what I understand you can use your phone in the air but you have to buy a app or pay for the time you use on the Internet. I never had the itouch but I got to use them since my friends had them while they used my zune. I am sure you can get the same apps you want for the itouch on the iPhone.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Oct 25, 10 at 7:49pm (PST)
the iPhone has the exact same features as an iPod Touch, but with added cellular service, obviously. if you're in need of a mobile phone and want an iPod concurrently, then the likely thing to do is purchasing an iPhone.

the iPhone is able to make calls on an airplane. in its settings, just switch on airplane mode and you're good to go.

however, the monthly bill of an iPhone isn't entirely cheap if you plan on texting quite often, in addition to the calls you make. an AT&T data plan is also mandatory. I'm not sure if this is a con for you, but it is certainly one for me.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 25, 10 at 8:15pm (PST)
^You COULD pay extra to purchase an unlocked phone, so you could choose your own compatible service which would likely have a better plan. Depending on your contract (2 years is the standard, but in Canada it is 3 years) and what Memory version of the iPhone you get, you could pay over $2000 in the end. About $1600 is the minimum though. How much worse that is than a regular phone, I dunno.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Oct 25, 10 at 8:35pm (PST)
if that's the price range, then one would be better off with just a regular iPhone and use an AT&T contract with it. :/

Author:   super michael
Date:   Oct 26, 10 at 8:13pm (PST)
Hmm I wasn't thinking of buying contract since there only 2 mobile company where I live which is Gibtelecom and CTS.

I was thinking of buying it for "pay-as-you-go" sim card.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.