Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iTunes Store Problem - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1558346-itunes-store-problem/

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 10:43am (PST)
Subject:   iTunes Store Problem
-------------------------------------------
Any ideas how to fix this? Bought the new iPhone yesterday but for some reason you need to access the iTunes Store, but it ain't working.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 10:47am (PST)
Subject:   re: iTunes Store Problem
You might want to read trough this thread some more at the Apple Support forum, but a guy came up with this:
quote mcpezza @ apple forum
Been having the same problem. Looked at all the possible answers, even tried the parental controls option. Then looked at the top right where my email address usually sits and noticed that it was "empty". Clicked on it and noticed that my Apple login was no longer there. Filled it in and connected immediately. Cannot believe that it was the most simple option... but you never know. May be worth a try!
which seems to work for some people.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 11:16am (PST)
I've just read to the thread to no avail. Might go up to O2 and ask them to activate it for me as I don't need to connect to the iTunes store I only need to sync it.

I'm on Talk Talk aswell.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 4:47pm (PST)
Do you have any type of firewall that could be interfeering with iTunes? If so try to disable it while trying to connect to iTunes.

If not, some people have reported that this might work:

You need to delete the itunes preferences file, this can be found in C:\Documents and settings\+user name+\AppData\Apple Computer\iTunes, delete the file named "iTunesPrefs.xml", restart i-Tunes and it will reset all of you preferences. You will need to enable "show hidden folders" in Folder Options in the control panel as "AppData" will be hidden otherwise.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.