Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPhone purchase transfer (Mac) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1550619-iphone-purchase-transfer-mac/

Author:   Superboop
Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 3:21pm (PST)
Subject:   iPhone purchase transfer (Mac)
-------------------------------------------
Okay, there is this Macbook which I want to sync. So I put my purchases on the computer by pressing 'File-> Transfer purchases'.

Thing is, it only brings up the stuff in my iPhone, but not my entire purchases.

I do have a computer which have all the stuff in- that computer is broken and gone, so using USB to transfer is not an option.

Is there no choice? It's weird, because my account does record all purchases, why doesn't the computer put them in?

What's weird is, when I clicked Store-> Check for Available downloads, FIngerzilla came up, an app I have purchased before, but is not in my iPhone 'springboard'. When I tried to check for available downloads it said that I have downloaded all things.

Can somebody help?

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 9:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: iPhone purchase transfer (Mac)
I think you misunderstand the Purchase Transfer. It's not a redownload at all, but just a transfer and that's it. It does what you just experienced, it transfers all your purchases from your iPhone to your PC, or new PC.

I'm pretty sure you can redownload purchased apps. But for music and movies, you only buy the purchase to download them once, and that's it.

What you can do however, to get those precious files back is go to the Apple Support page and find this form that'll let them know of your situation. They'll give you this one time offer to let you redownload EVERYTHING that you purchased.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jul 07, 10 at 1:20am (PST)
Are you trying to transfer songs or just applications from the iPhone? I hooked up my iPhone to another computer one and authorized it with my itunes information and managed to transfer all the applications by using that option. However, to transfer music you can use programs like xpod on the mac help you backup to your computer then you can manually add into itunes.

Note: I did the application transfer over 6 months ago, by authorizing, I'm unsure if it works now or not.

Date:   Jul 07, 10 at 2:27am (PST)
If you can redownload apps, that's great.

But I just downloaded Jellycar for a test, and it never said 'you downloaded this before so it's free' stuff. Wat?

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jul 07, 10 at 2:41am (PST)
Where you signed in on your apple id? I would assume so. In most cases it'll say something but you shouldn't get charged. You can look under your account and look at recent purchases to see that you didnt get charged.

Date:   Jul 07, 10 at 4:00am (PST)
Yea, I guess than all my previous purchases are still safe. Thanks!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.