Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ipod Touch Vs. Zune HD? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1515512-ipod-touch-vs-zune-hd/

Author:   CupsOfSauce
Date:   Apr 20, 10 at 11:42pm (PST)
Subject:   Ipod Touch Vs. Zune HD?
-------------------------------------------

I've looked into both of these, and due to my bad history with an apple product, and the fact that itouch's are the most common thing in my school I was leaning towards the new Zune HD.

So far, these are the comparisons I have made.

Zune has the OLED screen = better.
Itouch has better internet, youtube etc. = Big plus
Zune has twice as many GBs.
Itouch has way, more apps.
Zune has HD radio.

My major concern, is that if the Zune will ever be able to play youtube videos. I'm sure they're planning on it, but when that's happening is unclear. They've already added the Xvid ability and a few other things. Also I believe the Itouch can text/IM people which was another positive... I heard of using meebo but that's kind of a ghetto thing to do with the Zune.

Anyway, does anybody have both or used both? Can you suggest one if you could? Thanks!

Author:   kyleranden
Date:   Apr 28, 10 at 12:17pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Ipod Touch Vs. Zune HD?
Anything but an iPod.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Apr 28, 10 at 3:51pm (PST)
quote kyleranden
Anything but an iPod.
Care to explain why?

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Apr 28, 10 at 8:29pm (PST)
Might also want to wait on the Zune SDK that's being developed by the community now that people can bypass the XNA toolkit. I'm not dogging MS for the XNA tools they provided but it wasn't letting people take advantage of the full handheld.

My biggest gripe in having a Zune is the software still, it looks great and it plays fine but with large libraries it stumbles into a faceplant. D;

Author:   raytay286
Date:   Jun 02, 10 at 4:23am (PST)
I have an iPod touch and it is great, especially with all of the apps. I would reccomend it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.