Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Black Screen of Death? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1489578-black-screen-of-death/

Author:   Misty
Date:   Feb 26, 10 at 4:39am (PST)
Subject:   Black Screen of Death?
-------------------------------------------
Hello, I've had my iPod classic (80GB) for about 2 years now, and I just recently encountered a problem...

I turned it off one day, and came back later and the iPod won't turn back on. It won't respond to holding the circle + menu buttons to restart it, just pressing play to turn it back on, or anything. I know the iPod is charged... does anyone know what the problem might be?

Author:   Feisar
Date:   Feb 26, 10 at 7:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: Black Screen of Death?
iPods do this sometimes, Gex.
You could try restoring the iPod through iTunes, and see if that works. Then re-sync everything that was on it.
If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support, or visit their website, their will be Troubleshooting on there.
Hope I helped.

~Feisar

Author:   Misty
Date:   Feb 27, 10 at 12:15am (PST)
How do I go about restoring it? iTunes isn't even recognizing it right now...

Author:   Feisar
Date:   Feb 27, 10 at 10:20am (PST)
If iTunes isn't recognising it, well, there's not much you really can do, except complain to Apple.
My guess is that it's, well, 'knackered'. It may well have just died.

Author:   Gangsta692
Date:   Mar 02, 10 at 1:14am (PST)
Actually, I just had that problem recently, with my old 2gb iPod Nano 1G. Turned it off one day, then came back to it the other and it wouldn't turn on. Not even when connected to the computer.

So I thought "meh, I've had it for couple of years now, it's probably dead". Went out and bought a 32gb iPod Touch 3G and am loving it!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.