Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPhone Battery (Issue?) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1480647-iphone-battery-issue/

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Feb 02, 10 at 2:23pm (PST)
Subject:   iPhone Battery (Issue?)
-------------------------------------------
So I'm a little freaked out with my battery life guys. I just got my iPhone about 6 weeks ago and the battery life has been great. A full day of work on a full charge (9 hours) and I was normally home at 75% (browsing, music and texting). I even didn't charge it for 3 days on several occasions and was fine.

But the other day, I didn't realize I muted the music and the phone was still playing for about 3 hours. Not that bad because I listen to music all the time at work, sometimes for that long.

But it was at 50% when I noticed. By the time I was in the car to go home it was at 19%, and I charged it at 15%. Really unusual.

Now I'm at work from a full charge, its been about 1.5 hours and I'm already at 84% (just like 5 texts with Klope lol). I'll report back at the end of the day from normal use, but I'm scared.

Do you think my battery went bad, and if so what are my options? Its a really really new phone, what protections do I have? Thanks

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Feb 03, 10 at 4:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: iPhone Battery (Issue?)
For anybody interested, I did manage to fix it.

I didn't realize I hadn't turned my phone off since I bought it (about 6 weeks). I read online that a process may hang on the device thus causing the power drain. I restarted and wow huge change. To put it into perspective:

So there you go folks. =D

Author:   ReganBRFC
Date:   Feb 05, 10 at 8:57pm (PST)
I'll have to give this a go.

My battery has seemed to drain alot lately, listen to music for 30 mins on the way to/from work, sent around 30 or so texts and by the time I'm home there's not much left.

I was thinking about buying one of those battery + app things but I doubt they'll actually make a difference.

Author:   Kafani
Date:   Feb 05, 10 at 10:51pm (PST)
Is there a way to do a clean shut-down of an app without having to restart your iPhone? I've been noticing battery problems on my 3GS too as of late,

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Feb 06, 10 at 12:22am (PST)
When you want to exit the app, just hold the home button until the app closes.

Author:   Kafani
Date:   Feb 06, 10 at 11:18pm (PST)
Thats exactly the WRONG way to do it. I'm not stupid, I know pressing the home button "exits" the app, but it stays running in the processes, which is exactly what I wanted to avoid.

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Feb 07, 10 at 5:01am (PST)
No, I mean holding it down for 5 seconds or w/e.
Why don't you use SBSettings if you're jailbroken?

Author:   scoaster2010
Date:   Mar 10, 10 at 6:39am (PST)
This is such my problem with my iphones. My usual battery often destroys and do not functions well.

Author:   ReganBRFC
Date:   Mar 10, 10 at 6:00pm (PST)
Yes I found that buying women's vintage tops helped too with my iphone's battery life

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.