Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPhone 3GS Trouble - Inevitable Glitches, or Something More? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1462246-iphone-3gs-trouble-inevitable-glitches-something-more/

Author:   Fifth Column
Date:   Dec 21, 09 at 7:55pm (PST)
Subject:   iPhone 3GS Trouble - Inevitable Glitches, or Something More?
-------------------------------------------
Over the past few weeks I've been noticing every now and then my iPhone (3GS, 32GB black, bought in October) will glitch a few times. The most common of these is an annoying issue where when I'm on the phone, sometimes the screen will go black and not allow me to do anything else but talk on the phone (pressing buttons does not help and this prevents me from using the keypad for prompts, answering texts, referencing e-mails or apps, etc). There was another time where the iPhone froze up completely out of nowhere, and would only work again after several manual restarts (holding the lock and main button for five seconds). Just now, the absolute bottom left corner of my screen (where the ".?123" alternator is in texts) would not respond to touch. This went away once I turned the phone off and on again, but I'm still concerned that these problems may be just the beginning.

So, my question is - should I get the iPhone replaced? I have the AppleCare warranty, so getting a new phone shouldn't be a problem, however I'm worried about losing all my data/progress on my apps and games if I do so. But if these glitches are only going to get worse, the sooner the better I suppose. If these are issues that anyone else has experienced, let me know.

Also, if anyone could tell me if they let you switch colors when replacing the phone, cause I kinda want a white one this time around if I do replace it.

Author:   Fifth Column
Date:   Dec 27, 09 at 6:00am (PST)
Subject:   re: iPhone 3GS Trouble - Inevitable Glitches, or Something More?
-------------------------------------------
Really looking to get a response on this guys.. Can anyone help?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.