Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How to make your own iPhone Ringtone and transfer it to your iPhone directly? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1439423-how-to-make-your-own-iphone-ringtone-transfer-to-your-iphone-directly/

Author:   zzyjetty521
Date:   Oct 26, 09 at 1:31am (PST)
Subject:   How to make your own iPhone Ringtone and transfer it to your iPhone directly?
-------------------------------------------
How to make your own iPhone Ringtone and transfer it to your iPhone directly?

Author:   NECR0POCALYPSE
Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 11:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: How to make your own iPhone Ringtone and transfer it to your iPhone directly?
This my friend is a piece of cake, but you will need a number of things (well hopefully):

1: A Mac
2: A Copy of Garage Band (which you get with iLife 08 and 09 pre-installed)
3: 40 seconds (max) of audio you want to use

Create a new file in GarageBand using Real Instrument Track and not the Software instrument setting. Get your favourite song in MP3 on your desktop ready and just drag it into your new channel. it may take a few seconds to import but no longer.

If you press 'C' a small yellow channel will appear at the top of the screen indicating the loop, click on the right hand side of it and the cursor will change to the expand tool and drag it to the 40 second mark. Basically anything in this area from 0 - 40 seconds will export.

Then hit SHARE > Ringtone to iTunes

This will create the necessary file and drop it straight into your ringtones tab on iTunes, then plug your phone in and sync the Ringtones tab with your iPhone

Go to your Settings on our iPhone, then Sounds and change the Ringtone.

As for custom SMS tones, you need to Jailbreak it, and I haven't got round to that yet!

This is how I did it and found it out completely by accident while messing about with GarageBand, failing that you may be able to just get some audio files and convert or drop the files into the Ringtones tab on itunes maybe.

Give it a bash and let me know how you get on

Cheers

Dan.

Author:   madewale
Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 6:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: How to make your own iPhone Ringtone and transfer it to your iPhone directly?
I was on the lookout for this Information. Need to try this and see whether I will be able to do it.

Author:   markyorose
Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 1:37am (PST)

Step 0:

www.converter123.com/iPhone-Software/avc-iphone-ringtone-maker.zip

Free download.iPhone Ringtone Maker, install and run it.

Step 1: Click the "Browse" button right beside "Input File" label to select the file you want to create ringtone in the window that pops up, then click "OK" button. You will see the file path and name are displayed in the "Input File" textbox.

Step 2: Click "Play" button to hear the music before creating ringtone and find the part you want to use. Then drag and drop the start & end slider to get music clip to convert, or type the start & end time in the corresponding text box directly.

Step 3: Set output destination by clicking "Browse" button on the right side of the "Local Output File" label.

Step 4: If you want, check "Export to iPhone" option to let the program upload the output ringtone to your iPhone directly after conversion.

Step 5: After all above are finished, click "Generate" button to start creating your own iPhone ringtone. During the creation, you can check the process by the progress bar at the bottom.

System Requirements

OS Supported: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista
Hardware Requirements: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).Super VGA (800*600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher

AVCWare iPhone Ringtone Maker, a smart iPhone ringtone creator and uploader, provides an all-in-one iPhone Ringtone solution. With the iPhone ringtone converter, you can create your own M4R iPhone ringtones from all mainstream video/audio formats including AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, MKV, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, MP3.

Not only a ringtone maker, this program is but also an ringtone uploader to transfer the converted ringtone to iPhone directly without iTunes after conversion if you want. Furthermore, AVCWare iPhone Ringtone Maker lets you clip any music segment from any video/audio file and turn it into iPhone ringtone with ease.

http://www.converter123.com/iPhone-Software/AVCWare-iPhone-Ringtone-Maker.html

iPhone Ringtone Maker more

Author:   atobe
Date:   Sep 16, 13 at 1:03am (PST)
There are many ringtone maker apps on Free Mobile Helper!

Author:   alicepattinson
Date:   Sep 17, 13 at 12:05am (PST)
quote zzyjetty521
download iTools. I use it to make ringtones

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.