Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Broken ipod classic. No screen - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1397056-broken-ipod-classic-no-screen/

Author:   Gary C.
Date:   Jul 20, 09 at 5:44pm (PST)
Subject:   Broken ipod classic. No screen
-------------------------------------------
I dropped my ipod classic 80 gig the other day. The screen doesn't work but the pod still plays music.I have opened it up and have ordered a new screen for the darn thing. If that doesn't fix it I was wondering if someone knew if I could just buy a 8 gig ipod or used and change the hard drive for the 8 to my existing 80 gig hard drive.
Thanks for any help.

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 3:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: Broken ipod classic. No screen
I doubt that would work. It would have to be the exact same model classic, and the firmware on the classic may be made so that it will only accept that particular hard drive and might reject any others.

You may just need to buy a new ipod.

Author:   Gary C.
Date:   Jul 21, 09 at 12:43pm (PST)
Thanks for the reply. That is what I though also.
I ordered a new lcd screen from digital express ($40), it came yesterday afternoon and I repaired my ipod. I am so pleased that I got it fixed. Apple wanted $150 just look at it after I explained what had happened. I really like my mac computer and ipod but you would think they would be better at customer service. I guess they are just another big company and really want to just sell and not customer service. Just another big american company that doesn't really give a damn about their customers.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jul 25, 09 at 1:28am (PST)
quote Gary C.
I really like my mac computer and ipod but you would think they would be better at customer service. I guess they are just another big company and really want to just sell and not customer service. Just another big american company that doesn't really give a damn about their customers.
It's easy to see that if you see the monopoly they are doing with AT&T and how everything they do is closed >>;. Honestly, I hate Apple, but I love its products. That's why I do everything that they don't like with what they have.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.