Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/9.htm

Author:   nnn1110
Date:   Dec 24, 09 at 12:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
how do you get free apps

Author:   Mr Matthews
Date:   Dec 24, 09 at 4:10am (PST)
I have a question.

I got a brand new iphone 3G-S like two weeks ago. It *bleep*ing rules, I love it.

I went to jailbreak it, I succeeded. However, every time I reset my iphone which was necessary to use some of the apps I found in Cydia, my iphone would need to be re-jailbroken. After restarting it, it would get stuck on that screen with that "connect to itunes" picture. So, I guess what I'm asking is why do I have to do this? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Dec 24, 09 at 4:16am (PST)
Can't help you there, nnn1110, since it is illegal.

Mr Matthews, that is a requirement for the iPhone 3GS because of some changes they did to the device itself. The Dev Team had to find another way to inject the code. On earlier devices, there's no need to do that because they have the same hardware, for the most part.

Date:   Dec 24, 09 at 4:26am (PST)
So, what you're saying is there is no way around it? Unless undated jailbreak software comes out that allows me to bypass it?

Date:   Dec 24, 09 at 5:54am (PST)
Yeah, pretty much. I am sure the Dev Team will figure it out when they start testing the Firmware 4.0 Betas.

Date:   Dec 24, 09 at 6:00am (PST)
I see. Well I appreciate the help. Thankyou sir.

Author:   nnn1110
Date:   Dec 24, 09 at 4:33pm (PST)
OK thanks for telling me i can not get free apps and it is illegal
well you can get certain apps i know

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Dec 25, 09 at 3:29am (PST)
Mr. Matthews, what you have is called a "Tethered" jailbreak, and it means that you have to re-jailbreak everytime you restart(not too sure about respringing).
As Vermillion said, there's no way around it yet, but the Dev Team or GeoHot have been looking into it.

In the meantime, if you have SSH installed, you might want to change your SSH password, there have been alot of hijackings or "viruses" if you may that have been going around, infecting iPods/iPhones with the default login.

Author:   Chris
Date:   Dec 25, 09 at 3:48pm (PST)
OK I received an iPod Touch today for Christmas and was wondering whether I should jailbreak it or not. Is it safe, is it easy to use and should I do it?

Date:   Dec 25, 09 at 8:31pm (PST)
The thing with jailbreaking is that, in order to be able to run third party code, 80% of its security is disabled, but the advantages of that is great. Just like with computers, once you jailbreak your iTouch, you run the risk of running malicious code and others. But is it worth it? In my opinion, yes, because you really can do things that the 'jailed' device won't be able to do in a million years unless people decides to open the platform to everyone.

Author:   Chris
Date:   Dec 26, 09 at 5:14pm (PST)
So if I did this would I be able to download apps, movies etc. for free?

Date:   Dec 26, 09 at 10:37pm (PST)
You can always find methods to do that, even if your device is not jailbroken =P. The purpose of jailbreaking is to be able to do things Apple doesn't like.

Author:   Darkness1000
Date:   Jan 12, 10 at 10:00pm (PST)
So, I'm going to jailbreak soon, and I just want to clarify a few things.

On another site I was looking at, somebody was wondering if anything bad would happen by backing up, syncing, etc. your iTouch/iPhone while jailbroken.

Would anything bad happen, and also, is there other things I should be worried about?

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Jan 12, 10 at 11:46pm (PST)
You should be fine, Jailbreaking doesn't mess with the Sync or Backup with iTunes at all.
However, if you decide to make the fateful choice to your apps(plz don't do this, it hurts the dev's) then you will need additional software off of Cydia which allows your apps to sync.

Author:   Darkness1000
Date:   Jan 13, 10 at 11:47am (PST)
Ah, oh crap.

So, I finished jailbreaking via blackra1n, and I downloaded a certain app off of Cydia and now it's stuck in recovery mode. How do I get out of this?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.