Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/8.htm

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Oct 16, 09 at 8:36pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though Quickpwn was not from the official DevTeam and they actually told you to do stupid things...

Anyways, the official PwnageTool for the 3.1.2 OS Is out, and I'm going to try it out soon .

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Oct 16, 09 at 9:16pm (PST)
Finally! Does it work with the 3Gs?

Date:   Oct 16, 09 at 10:30pm (PST)
According to the iPhone Dev Team's blog, the 3GS is supported on the new version of Pwnage .

Author:   The Blade Slade
Date:   Oct 21, 09 at 2:22am (PST)
I'm not good with any of this stuff but I'm getting a 3G ipod touch 32 gig for xmas, will the new Pwnage tool work with the 3G touch?

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Oct 21, 09 at 2:27am (PST)
Currently, the third generation ipod touches can not be jailbroken. That may change in a few months though.

Author:   The Groove Master
Date:   Oct 22, 09 at 5:12am (PST)
quote The Slayer
Currently, the third generation ipod touches can not be jailbroken. That may change in a few months though.
They can with BlackRa1n but if you turn off your ipod you have to plug it back into the computer and turn on Blackra1n to start the ipod up again

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Nov 01, 09 at 3:19am (PST)
Hey guys, been looking around on MMI for themes today, and saw that a new replacement for Springboard, Pogoplank is out.
For people that don't know, it's kinda like a iNav type of mod, except this completely replaces the traditional Springboard layout of columns and rows with a scrolling wheel of categories(no, it doesn't require categories app to function!), it's quite neat actually.
For the people that have heard of it, and have it, is it stable and functional? I realize that it's still in it's early days, and it probably still has a bug here and there, but it looks quite neat.

Date:   Nov 01, 09 at 3:45am (PST)
I will look for Pogoplank on MMI, but I found a better joy for those who updated to the 3.1.2 Firmware with the 05-11-07 baseband: the new blackra1n has the ability to unlock the newest baseband!

Author:   The Blade Slade
Date:   Nov 15, 09 at 3:38pm (PST)
The new Blackra1n can unlock the 3G touch too I believe.

Author:   Gonzy
Date:   Dec 03, 09 at 12:52am (PST)
so I've got a friend who is brain dead and refuses to believe that jailbreaking an iphone is legal... anyway to show my friend the light or should i just let him be ignorant?

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Dec 06, 09 at 9:48pm (PST)
If he really is brain dead, you should manipulate him to do your dirty crimes.

All kidding aside, he could just read the legal disclaimer, it has everything but jailbreaking listed. Also the EFF(Electronic Frontier Foundation) is fighting against Apple to keep jailbreaking legal.EFF Fight

However, that being said, jailbreaking allows one to be able to crack apps, which IS illegal.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 1:42am (PST)
Hey guys! I've been using my iPhone 3GS for about 3 days now, and I don't really see why I would ever need to jailbreak it. I'm a huge techie at heart, with ubercode love, so I'm pretty sure I'm missing something?

What are the core benefits?

What are the downsides? Will Apple or ATT *bleep* me over? Will a new release of an OS make me lose everything on my iPhone?

Thanks, you guys have been awesome asking all my questions. I'd rather use Neoforums than go elsewhere tbh ^^

Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 2:51am (PST)
Bobbo, when you jailbreak, you can run applications that can use the private frameworks of the iPhone (I'm glad you are tech savvy, because it is easier to explain to you and I'm sure you will understand me with little problems ), and with that you can make many things that an unjailbroken phone can't. For example, you can run Winterboard, which lets you customize your phone to a whole new level. You can put a background in the Home Screen of your iPhone for example, or change your service provider name:

You can see my cousin in the background and my service provider says "Alyssa".

There also apps that let you have 5 app icons per row, and in the dock below. There is also QuickReply which lets you reply to any SMS from anywhere without having to close the app, and a plethora of other things. Explaining everything Jailbreaking can do is crazy, so you would have to check that by yourself.

Apple always try to release updates that are anti-jailbreak and anti unblocking (since you are with AT&T, you shouldn't worry about unblocking the phone). Also, a big downside is that everytime you want to update to a new version, you have to rejailbreak the firmware in your computer and RESTORE the phone afterwards, so keeping old settings is impossible unless you backup your phone before you update.

Author:   nnn1110
Date:   Dec 22, 09 at 4:56am (PST)
i do not understand, what is jail breaking and how do you do it?

Date:   Dec 22, 09 at 5:36am (PST)
Those two questions are answered in the first two posts of this thread, with bolded titles such as "what is jailbreaking?"

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.