Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 32

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/32.htm

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 4:41pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
quote ProudLoz
Pokener15, Oh your song issue? Probably a corrupt library file within your phone's setting. Let me see if I can find something.
Alright, thanks. I've tried uninstalling the stuff that I've installed from Cydia, but that doesn't seem to work.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 4:43pm (PST)
Pokenerd15, I did an edit on my previous post, but here's what I said so you can be notified again.

Ok, if you have your music backed up to your iTunes on a computer, then just go to Settings, Usage, Music, and delete absolutely everything. This'll get rid of any corrupt database files that prevent you from playing your songs. If that is not a possibility, then SSH and go to the directory mentioned here. That iTunes DB file in there is the main culprit you want to get rid off. Just rename it to something like "iTunesDB.backup" just in case. Then, simply open up the Music application on your iPhone and it should rebuild the library from scratch to play your songs again. After it works, you can delete the old iTunesDB file since it's not longer needed.

Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 5:20pm (PST)
Well, the first option worked. I went to Settings > General > Usage > Music and then tapped Edit and completely cleared it all out. Then went back onto iTunes on my phone and re-downloaded the Songs I purchased. Just tried out a song and it works! Much thanks ProudLoz

Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 5:26pm (PST)
Pokenerd15, yeah if that solved your problem then there was something corrupt in your iTunes database on your phone. This usually happens to incomplete syncs when you unplug your iDevice while it's synching and what not. Could also happen with a bad download from the iTunes store via your iDevice.

Date:   Feb 22, 13 at 7:54pm (PST)
Can anyone tell me why sometimes I get random icons on my springboard randomly? It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes when I download an app or something. Here - Picture
ProudLoz

Date:   Feb 22, 13 at 8:05pm (PST)
Pokenerd15, looks like just a small bug from any type of tweak that handles icons with the springboard, in this case something like Winterboard, Barrel, Springtomize, Infinifolders, etc. It could also be a small bug with a theme you may have installed. Also could be your cache, maybe clean it up with iCleaner. It'll get rid of anything that could be corrupt on your phone, which is probably happening in your case.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it until it starts crashing the springboard and it sends you into safe mode or reboots your phone constantly.

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Feb 23, 13 at 9:50pm (PST)
quote Pokenerd15
Can anyone tell me why sometimes I get random icons on my springboard randomly? It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes when I download an app or something. Here - Picture
ProudLoz

I just had that happen to me today, a quick respring will rehide all those icons again. Strange that it happens, would love to know the root cause of it.

Author:   jacksonbird03
Date:   Mar 12, 13 at 2:30am (PST)
thank you...
its a very nice and useful post ....
before reading this i won't know anything about jailbreaking...
it gives me very useful information...

Author:   shalamerylei
Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 10:54pm (PST)
Absolutely. Jailbreaking your device does not affect its access to iTunes or the App Store. When the device is initially jailbroken you won’t see much of a change outside of the addition of the Cydia App store. You’ll still be free to download apps through the App Store and connect your device to iTunes.

Date:   Mar 24, 13 at 10:36am (PST)
Guys, I've been having a problem lately. My weather app is still not working. I've tried reinstalling the update that was supposed to fix the problem, but that didn't work. Any suggestions? ProudLoz

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Mar 24, 13 at 3:14pm (PST)
Are you using AppSync by any chance, Pokenerd15?

Date:   Mar 24, 13 at 5:15pm (PST)
Yes? Should I remove that?

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Mar 24, 13 at 5:38pm (PST)
From what I have read it causes issues with the WeatherApp. Here's some info on what to do Pokenerd15.

Date:   Mar 24, 13 at 7:00pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
From what I have read it causes issues with the WeatherApp. Here's some info on what to do Pokenerd15.
Thanks a bunch! It works.

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 5:23pm (PST)
Okay, I just got my iPad Mini and it's running 6.1.2 and I'm looking to jailbreak it, can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.