Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 30

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/30.htm

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 9:00am (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
I want Auxo, but it doesn't even show me the price. Considered doing a crack to check it out, but I am not home so I don't want to randomly break my iPhone and not be able to SSH in to fix it.

Does BiteSMS work fine? ProudLoz

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 9:08am (PST)
LOD-squa, biteSMS is working wonderfully. It's pretty much the only reason I want to jailbreak, but I've gotten so used to the normal Message app on iOS that I don't mind not being jailbroken anymore.

There is one small thing I'm noticing about biteSMS. For some reason it's sending an outgoing message twice, you only see it as one, but the recipient receives the same message twice. I've check this out by sending myself a message and I see the bug. However, it's doing it through iMessage so I'm not sure if it's an iMessage thing or not.

Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 9:10am (PST)
I used to have that issue back in ios 5. I was hoping it was fixed. Now it's throwing me off on wether I should install it or not. ProudLoz

Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 10:23am (PST)
Omg, I finally got Auxo! Yes!

It's was $1.99 LOD-squa. It's kinda cool, the only issue that I see with it so far is that when you slide an app down to remove it from the multitasking bar, the animation to make the following app move over to the empty slot takes a bit for it to happen. So instead of doing quick, slide, slide, slide, slide to get rid of a bunch of them. It's more like slide, wait, slide, wait, slide, wait, etc.

Alright, I'm content now. I just need to find a better Inteliscreen and Lockinfo alternative, these two look pretty ugly. :\

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 3:38pm (PST)
You guys seeing any good iPhone 5 Themes? Can't find any really.

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 5:49pm (PST)
Sorry about the double post, but has anyone who as the iPhone 5 recently realize that the weather app does not work? It crashes a lot. Won't even open.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 6:13pm (PST)
Woah, looks like you're right... Will try to figure out what's going on.

Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 7:22pm (PST)
It's a bug with the jailbreak, they are working on getting the weather app fixed. It doesn't happen to everyone though, it's random. It works fine for me Saga

Also, Pokenerd15, I highly doubt it there are going to be iPhone 5 anytime soon. They need to make them.

Date:   Feb 06, 13 at 5:19am (PST)
quote Pokenerd15
You guys seeing any good iPhone 5 Themes? Can't find any really.

Dude, try Ayecon. It's $2.99 but money well spent to be honest with you, it's so beautiful.

Normally, I like to get icons and what not from various themes and pack it up myself but this one has been professionally done to the point that icons that aren't themed are rendered automatically. Some look good, while other (those specially with borders) look a bit messed up.

As for the Weather App, that is a bug and like LOD-squa mentioned, they're working on it to release it on Cydia, but there's a fix you can do yourself manually. Mine didn't crash at first, I double checked but for some reason yesterday it started crashing out of nowhere.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Feb 06, 13 at 8:40am (PST)
ProudLoz apart from Quick Reply and Quick Compose, what benefits does biteSMS have over Whatsapp? I use that every second of the day to text anyone I want, wherever they are, for free..

Date:   Feb 06, 13 at 8:50am (PST)
Freeze, biteSMS isn't a messaging protocol using your data plan like Whatsapp. It did have it's own service, but I'm not sure if it has it now. biteSMS is a replacement for the stock Messaging application you'll find on your iPhone, it does a lot more than just Quick Reply and Quick Compose. It can show you timestamps on every single message, it can put a 2 second delay on your outgoing messages, you can make text templates and schedule them to be sent at a certain time in the future, and other neat little things. It will also work perfectly with iMessage.

If you're looking to extend your Whatsapp app, then you can try out their other tweak called Quick Reply for Whatsapp. It's just a simple Quick Reply for it, according to their website, it currently does not have Quick Compose.

Also, there was an update for Auxo, it's working even better now on my iPhone 5.

Date:   Feb 06, 13 at 9:43am (PST)
Apparently the weather stuff was fixed and released on cydia, but if you have appsync it breaks it again. Saga ProudLoz

Date:   Feb 06, 13 at 10:27am (PST)
Yeah, weather working wonderfully now. I don't use AppSync (I may be South American, but I don't pirate apps. ), so everything should be fine.
Thanks for the heads up LOD-squa.

Date:   Feb 06, 13 at 10:43am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Apparently the weather stuff was fixed and released on cydia, but if you have appsync it breaks it again. Saga ProudLoz
Yeah I noticed it sometime this morning. I'm not a fan of Appsync, it's way too buggy for me. I used to have problems with it back in iOS 4 and iOS 5, back when I didn't have a decent job.

Date:   Feb 06, 13 at 10:43am (PST)
Sorry for the double post guys (EDIT: Lol gracias ProudLoz for preventing that), but I just set apart some money to buy some awesome tweaks. What do you recommend? I don't know much about paid ones.

Go go go.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.