Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 27

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/27.htm

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 10:36am (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
Awesome. Thanks for that LOD!

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 1:38pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
They have confirmed it Saga. Some sources are here and here(fun tweet).
Confirmed for 6.1 as well? Still good news for all iPhone 5 users, but I see it happening that I can't update to iOS 6 because of it being non compatible with 6.1

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 1:39pm (PST)
Freeze - It's compatible with iOS 6.1, what device are you currently running?

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 2:26pm (PST)
quote Freeze
quote LOD-squa
They have confirmed it Saga. Some sources are here and here(fun tweet).
Confirmed for 6.1 as well? Still good news for all iPhone 5 users, but I see it happening that I can't update to iOS 6 because of it being non compatible with 6.1
I believe it'll be compatible with all devices that can update to iOS 6.1, the only exception is the Apple TV 3.

Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 6:43pm (PST)
http://www.evasi0n.com

ProudLoz Saga Freeze

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 4:44pm (PST)
FINALLY!! After such a long wait, I am so glad to hear that it'll be released very soon. It's about time.

Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 7:17am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
If only we could get into that private Beta Testing. :<

Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 7:37am (PST)
I know ProudLoz. Not much we can do but wait. I promise I won't leak. <3

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 12:31am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Freeze - It's compatible with iOS 6.1, what device are you currently running?
4s, so I'll be good. Can't live without my jailbreak these days.

Author:   tommex
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 12:37am (PST)
Hey all. I've got an iPhone 5 and an iPad 3 on 6.1, so jail breaking is out of the picture for now. However, I'm thinking about eventually (as in, when I can) jailbreaking the device.

Now, a lot of the tweaks I've seen are pretty ugly, and I'll admit that ugliness is one of the reasons I moved away from Android. What I want to know is whether I can essentially keep everything as is and still get apps etc from places like Cydia(?)

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 7:07am (PST)
quote tommex
Hey all. I've got an iPhone 5 and an iPad 3 on 6.1, so jail breaking is out of the picture for now. However, I'm thinking about eventually (as in, when I can) jailbreaking the device.

Now, a lot of the tweaks I've seen are pretty ugly, and I'll admit that ugliness is one of the reasons I moved away from Android. What I want to know is whether I can essentially keep everything as is and still get apps etc from places like Cydia(?)

Well, a jailbreak will only be weeks away as it stands now Apps are divided into two categories:
Cydia apps
"Free" app store apps

As for cydia apps, it's pretty straight forward. You find the app/tweak/theme you want (or add the source needed) and download it. It will just show up on your springboard as a new app. Your iPhone and iPad will keep working like normal.
For the other category, we can't talk about that here, but there are options.

Also I want to point out that there are a lot of reasons besides apps to jailbreak. For instance added functionality or customisation.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 1:05pm (PST)
quote tommex

If you're planning to jailbreak, it would be a good idea to get Tinyumbrella and save your SHSH blobs right now before Apple pulls them, rendering you unable to jailbreak iOS 6.1 in the future.

However, make sure that your install of iOS 6.1 is from the iTunes version and not the OTA version. If it's from OTA, then download iOS 6.1 from your respective device and do a full restore, and then save your SHSH blobs with Tinyumbrella.

As for the Cydia store, some are Apps and some are tweaks. Your iPhone will not change at all unless you decide to install tweaks that modify how the OS would handle some tasks. For example, getting something like Barrel will change the way the icons animate when you scroll through your Apps on the home screen. A tweak like Auxo will completely change the way the Multitask Bar will look and behave.

Other "ugly" tweaks probably have devs that prefer to add functions and get rid of bugs than worry about it's design at the moment.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 1:06pm (PST)
Jailbreak will probably be coming out tomorrow, evasi0n is marking 80% done, and all of their pictures show a "3". Usually they do call Sunday is Funday. It all meshes together. Hopefully it does come out tomorrow though.

Date:   Feb 03, 13 at 7:12pm (PST)
iOS 6 Jailbreak is releasing tomorrow guys!

Saga Proudloz Freeze tommex

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Feb 03, 13 at 7:23pm (PST)
I was disappointed we didn't get it today.

Haha okay, thanks for the heads up LOD.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.