Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 26

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/26.htm

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 11:49am (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
If you look at the backplate of the iPhone it will tell you the model number, with that and the GB size you can figure it out.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 1:24pm (PST)
quote jenniferbuchan
PLEASE HELP i have an iPhone 3gs. 3 weeks ago i tried to update my ios, at that time i didn't no my phone had previously been jail broken. once i tried to do this my phone shut down, so i paid to have it jail broken and downgraded as apparently this was they only way to get it back on. It worked fine (even though it was only on ios 4.1) then yesterday i was playing a game and the screen crashed, it switched off and hasn't went passed the apple logo since. i don't want to have to pay again, How can i get it back on and also how do i get it on a better ios as it was on a higher one to begin with....

This is driving me nuts
You can try to reset your phone by holding down your home and sleep button at the same time.
If that doesn't help, assuming you've made a backup with iTunes at least once, you can try DFU mode;

DFU means Device Firmware Update. When placing your iPhone into DFU Mode it does not load the OS before attempting the restore

1. Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your PC/Mac.
2. Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.

3. After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
The iPhone screen will remain black.

By now you should be able to restore an earlier backup.

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Jan 16, 13 at 3:08pm (PST)
Is there an iPhone 5 jailbreak yet?.. It's getting tiring just by waiting. If not, do you guys have a clue when one might be released?

Date:   Jan 16, 13 at 3:26pm (PST)
Pokenerd15 - No...and no.

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 3:06pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Pokenerd15 - No...and no.
Darn... Alright.

Author:   NoBL3Zz
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 8:31am (PST)
I have a question. I have a 1st gen Ipod Touch for the time being, and I was wondering, what type of games or applications can I download for it? And I asking for pre-jailbreak, and post-jailbreak.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 10:08am (PST)
quote NoBL3Zz
I have a question. I have a 1st gen Ipod Touch for the time being, and I was wondering, what type of games or applications can I download for it? And I asking for pre-jailbreak, and post-jailbreak.
Pre-jailbreak, anything in the App Store
Post-Jailbrak, anything in the App Store and in Cydia.

Remember that his applies to both Free and Paid apps in the App Store. \

Also, since your iPod Touch is 1st Gen, it might be running iOS 3.1.3, and that iOS is starting to get unsupported in a lot of Apps in the App Store. It'll let you know if you can download it, but don't be surprised if you see some applications telling you that your device isn't compatible.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 1:18pm (PST)
I don't think you will have much luck running many apps on an iPod Touch 1G. Most apps are made for iOS 5 at least nowadays. And there's even less tweaks that will work for your device because tweaks break a lot during updates.

Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 8:27am (PST)
that sucks. Well, I'll just jailbreak it and see which apps I can find. But thanks for the help Saga and ProudLoz .

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 2:37pm (PST)
quote NoBL3Zz
that sucks. Well, I'll just jailbreak it and see which apps I can find. But thanks for the help Saga and ProudLoz .
You're better off jailbreaking it and finding versions of the apps that you want that are compatible with iOS3. I'm in the same situation with my iPod Touch 1st gen. Unfortunately its just so slow now that I don't bother loading anything else onto it.

Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 7:04am (PST)
quote bob8294
You're better off jailbreaking it and finding versions of the apps that you want that are compatible with iOS3. I'm in the same situation with my iPod Touch 1st gen. Unfortunately its just so slow now that I don't bother loading anything else onto it.
Same here. I was going to consider jailbreaking it and downloading the older updates of recent games. But yesterday, I decided to give my baby sister the iPod when I get another one.

Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 8:10am (PST)
So the iOS 6 jailbreak works now(untethered) and it should be out within the next week. I'm ready to jailbreadk my iPhone 5.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 9:29am (PST)
If that's the case I'm ready to upgrade to iOS6!

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 9:54am (PST)
I have been hearing that it is really possible that we may get the jailbreak this weekend, but I don't think the dev team themselves has confirmed anything.

Hopefully we will really get it. Been waiting for a long time.

Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 3:49pm (PST)
They have confirmed it Saga. Some sources are here and here(fun tweet).

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.