Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 25

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/25.htm

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jun 01, 12 at 11:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
What are you trying to do? Change the text? Or the slider picture itself? When using winterboard, are you moving the "slider" to the top of the list?

quote smarti3
Agua Vermillion

Damn, no untethered jailbreak for 5.1 3G or 3GS

quote Pod2g Blog
"Will it be compatible with my <any random iOS device> ?

It will be compatible with any device running iOS 5.1.1 except iPod 3G, iPhone 3Gs and ATV3 (right now, may change in a near future, nobody knows)."
Source
You can jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0 on 5.1.1 with the 3GS, the 3G doesn't even go past 4.3 so it doesn't matter. It's stupidly easy too. Same as jailbreakme or even easier.

Author:   sithlordmrguy
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 9:20am (PST)
well ive been debating on weather or not to jailbreak my ipod or to keep it normal. I would like to ask a few questions,1st will this affect my ability to use itunes and the app store?2nd about how long will it take to download?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 9:58am (PST)
1) No.
2) The software needed to jailbreak is really small. Unless they require you have a copy of the firmware (like old copies of Redsn0w), then it can take you a few seconds to download the jailbreaking software. Personally I use Absinthe and it just takes around 5 MBs.

Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 11:58am (PST)
thank you very much.With those facts in mind i will go ahead and jailbreak it.

Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 1:57pm (PST)
Just one little thing: Some apps can detect if a device if a device is jailbroken. But there are Cydia patches to fix them.
Skype supposedly doesn't work with Jailbroken phones. I do get the warning that it is jailbroken, but I have always used Skype with no problems.

Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 3:22pm (PST)
i went to download the software and it says
it has the potetional to delete all of my data,seeing as i have no means to
back it up,I will probably hold off until i get a new computer.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 6:44pm (PST)
What, redsn0w? No, it won't do that. Depending on what version of iOS you're running, an untethered jailbreak is probably available, which means you can use your phone as normal without having to risk losing your jailbreak when you restart your iPod.

Also, why not back up your data anyway? It's an extremely good idea to do that regardless, shouldn't take too long with iTunes.

Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 7:30pm (PST)
im running ios 4.3 on a 4th gen ipod,and it would take over a day to back up my ipod to itunes edit:well i checked out redsn0w,and i dont feel like paying $ any free jailbreak software that works?

Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 3:18am (PST)
Redsn0w is free... You must be trying to get it from a shady site.

EDIT: Now that I'm home, I can give you a link.

http://jailbreaknation.com/download/downloadtracker.php?urlparam=https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.13dev3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

I prefer Absinthe over Redsn0w, so in case you want to give Absinthe a try: http://greenpois0n.com/2012/05/absinthe-2-0-has-arrived/

Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 1:22pm (PST)
what is the differance between the two?

Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 3:25pm (PST)
Absinthe is more straightforward. You don't even need to put your phone in DFU mode to use it. With Redsn0w you have to get the firmware you want to jailbreak (in some cases), put the phone in DFU mode (which is a chore at first), and go through a few screens. With Absinthe you just plug in and click the "Jailbreak" button.

With Absinthe it is recommended, but not needed, to backup your phone, delete all of its data, and jailbreak. This will make it take a shorter time than it would with all your data, but it's not a requirement (regardless, it's a good idea to create a backup).

Author:   jenniferbuchan
Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 5:03am (PST)
PLEASE HELP i have an iPhone 3gs. 3 weeks ago i tried to update my ios, at that time i didn't no my phone had previously been jail broken. once i tried to do this my phone shut down, so i paid to have it jail broken and downgraded as apparently this was they only way to get it back on. It worked fine (even though it was only on ios 4.1) then yesterday i was playing a game and the screen crashed, it switched off and hasn't went passed the apple logo since. i don't want to have to pay again, How can i get it back on and also how do i get it on a better ios as it was on a higher one to begin with....

This is driving me nuts

Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 5:21am (PST)
also how do i no if i have a 3g or a 3gs......probably a stupid question but as i cant get into my phone im not sure

Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 9:00am (PST)
If you can't turn it on, that's a problem...

If you have the serial number, put it here and see what it tells you.

Oh yeah, also, who did you pay for the jailbreak? Jailbreak tools are free, so unless you paid someone willingly knowing you could have done it for free you got scammed...

Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 10:04am (PST)
i wasnt sure about i phone's at all. when i went into a phone repair shop, i'd been around a few they all charged for it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.