Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 22

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/22.htm

Author:   Enhance
Date:   Jan 27, 12 at 12:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
quote castlewars
I want to jailbreak my iPad 2 this weekend but I need tips. Is it legal in the UK? Is it dangerous? How do you do it? Should I do it?
A thread was just recently posted here with information on how to jailbreak your iPad 2 if it is running iOS 5.0.1. If that's not the version you are using please post back with the version you are using and I can get you the right information.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jan 27, 12 at 3:05am (PST)
Jailbreaking is legal. Don't worry about those details.

Author:   Ureonmyhitlist
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 2:41am (PST)
The best and newest jailbreak for the ipod touch 2nd generation is GreenPosi0n.com

Simply put your ipod version 5.0.1 into DFU mode. (Explains how during jailbreak) and click Jailbreak. This is the best and latest jailbreak. NOTE: THIS ONLY WORKS ON IPOD FOR TIME BEING.

Author:   Kaiba
Date:   Jan 31, 12 at 3:52am (PST)
I did the iPad 2 5.0.1 jailbreak, which was working for a while, but now I'm having trouble with Cydia-related things.

For instance, I can no longer access SBSettings by swiping my finger across the status bar, and when I try to download things from Cydia and such, it either doesn't work or gives me an estimated amount of time that is unbelievably long. Crap like 174 hours or longer. I can download apps from the App Store just fine and in a reasonable amount of time, though.

What the *bleep* is going on and how do I fix it?

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 2:20am (PST)
Is there a iPhone 3GS 5.0.1 jailbreak? I've been searching around, and can't find anything.. :/ Help?

Author:   Enhance
Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 7:27am (PST)
quote Pokenerd15
Is there a iPhone 3GS 5.0.1 jailbreak? I've been searching around, and can't find anything.. :/ Help?

You should be able to use redsn0w to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS running 5.0.1.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 11:13am (PST)
Excellent info on any device that you're willing to jailbreak can be found via Jailbreakr.

Nice and easy, just read and follow.
Of course, if running iOS 5.0.1 on the iPhone4S or iPad2, it says there is none, but you can use Greenpois0n, see here

Author:   alice302
Date:   Feb 10, 12 at 9:23am (PST)
at the beginning, Though i know jeibreaking is lega, i am still worrying about if there is something wrong with my ipod, how can i do?

laterly, i know if that happened, i can return to the original state.

so, jailbreaking is good for ipod users.

Date:   Feb 12, 12 at 3:23pm (PST)
Would anybody here recommend a good theme for WinterBoard or DreamBoard?

Author:   louisa9
Date:   Feb 21, 12 at 8:37am (PST)
Surprisingly Apple did not submit their comments on Jailbreaking to the U.S. copyright office as pointed out by both Saurik and Musclenerd. This is a very big position change from the last time the exception of Jailbreaking was proposed and Apple harshly opposed it. Signifying that Apple could be taking an indifferent position on Jailbreaking due to the innovation that comes from developers in the Jailbreaking Community.

In my opinion I do not see why the Jailbreaking exception for mobile devices such as smartphones would not be renewed. Furthermore I think an exception for Jailbreaking tablets will also put in to action this year. The only problem area I see is making Jailbreaking consoles legal in the United States due to Sony’s very fierce opposition of it. This was clearly shown when Sony sued GeoHot and is shown again in their close-to 60 page document they submitted explaining why Jailbreaking consoles should not be made legal.

The message come from pandaapp.com

Date:   Mar 10, 12 at 5:57pm (PST)
Considering that app piracy is a direct hit to independent developers and small companies, I would request no one answers Rondo's question publicly.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 4:36am (PST)
I haven't jailbreak'd since I had my iPod Touch about 2-3 years ago. :3

What are the main benefits? Can you run apps that aren't available on the app market, like emulators and the such?

Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 6:01am (PST)
Basically. Yoh can can run apps Apple doesn't want you to run. There are also themes and such you may want to try. There are also notification center widgets if you're using iOS 5.0+.

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 12:06pm (PST)
Will the new update 5.1 remove my jailbreaked iPhone?

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 1:46pm (PST)
Yes. Any sort of official update will kill your jailbreak. There's also no jailbreak for 5.1 yet so I recommend you to wait a bit.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.