Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 20

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/20.htm

Author:   Arietta
Date:   May 03, 11 at 3:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
It means to access your phone's internal files, usually via Wifi.

It's very easy to do it. I'm going to assumer you are in Windows and give you this.

You can also do it without Wi-Fi with software such as iFunBox (Windows).

Author:   Sacredaerobolt
Date:   May 06, 11 at 2:29am (PST)
Ok so i fixed my folder problem with complete stupidity.I tried the sshing with phone disk, but the theme wasn't there. So I turned on half my themes, used a package from cydia called Folderfixer, then reset my themes to my 1 desired theme and it worked!

Any ways I have a new problem now. To jailbreak my friend's ipod I have to upgrade its iOS to 4.2.1 from 3.1.3 I want it to be 4.2.1 cause I used Green poison to jailbreak my ipod on the same iOS. iTunes wants me to update to 4.3.3 which only has tethered jailbreak and I don't want that.

Author:   bob8294
Date:   May 06, 11 at 9:02pm (PST)
Shift+click restore when upgrading the firmware in iTunes. Make sure you have the correct build of 4.2.1 on your hard drive for that specific iPod. Let it update and it's the same old jailbreaking as usual.

Author:   PR
Date:   May 10, 11 at 7:34pm (PST)
iPhone 3GS
no sim card
Jailbroken once but I updated it all and got rid of Cydia and all that other stuff
Bought early on, not bought recently

what do you guys think I should do? And can I jailbreak it again? If so what should I use?

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   May 10, 11 at 10:27pm (PST)
Use the latest Redsnow and download the 4.2.1 iOS for the 3GS and then just tell it to install Cydia and let it do it's thing.

Actually, you should update it to 4.3.2 since I believe it fixed A LOT of bugs in 4.2.X, and definitely use Redsnow since you'll need to hacktivate since you have no sim on you.

Date:   May 11, 11 at 10:14pm (PST)
hmmm right, I'll do that tomorrow then. Cheers, mate

Date:   May 12, 11 at 8:10pm (PST)
Ok, so basically, i've downloaded Redsn0w and i've made sure its the correct version so i can do it. I get through the first 2 steps, and it tells me that I haven't put it into DFU mode. But when i go through the steps, i get to the 3rd step then the computer makes the noise to tell me the iPhone is connected, but the noise is repeated 3 times like "duh-duh-duh"

I don't know if that makes much sense. But i'm seriously confused ._.

Date:   May 12, 11 at 10:08pm (PST)
Assuming you have Win7, the sounds would mean that your iPhone is disconnected.
It might sound caveman, but try disconnecting the cord on both ends, and blowing on the port for your iPhone like you would with a N64 cartridge. Then try using a different port, could just be a bad USB on your computer?

Just to make sure, DFU is entered by holding home+power for about 10s, then release the power button and continue to hold home as soon as you see the Apple logo, you can release home when you see the connect to iTunes logo on your iPhone.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   May 13, 11 at 5:16am (PST)
You can put your iPhone in DFU mode even before reaching that step, if that helps make things easier. Redsn0w will detect the iPhone in DFU mode the moment it reaches that screen and will skip the instructions.

To enter DFU mode:
  1. Connect your iDevice to your computer while it's on. Turn it off there, without disconnecting it.
  2. Once that is done and your phone is connected, Hold the POWER button until the Apple logo shows up (that takes around 3 seconds).
  3. Immediately after the Apple logo shows up, press the home button. You should have both POWER and HOME button pressed now. Leave them pressed for 10 seconds (make sure you count).
  4. After those 10 seconds, release the POWER button, and wait till you hear the sound in your computer (that takes around 15 seconds).

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   May 23, 11 at 5:28am (PST)
Do you guys know an app/tweak that makes the multitaskbar an app launcher or second "dock" I suppose?

Author:   euben0
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 12:59am (PST)
So I just got Cydia on my iTouch and I am kind of confused. Right now I am upgrading essentials or something like that, Can someone tell me how to use Cydia?

Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 11:32pm (PST)
That's normal.
Once it's done updating, a black button will appear at the bottom of the screen usually saying "Respring Springboard" or "Restart Cydia".
Hit it, and let it do it's thing.
Open up Cydia again, let it load, and hit Packages at the bottom of the screen and browse to your heart's content.
Or you could hit Search which is at the bottom right and type in a name of a app.

Some suggestions:
SBSettings(widget-ish kinda thing that allows you to adjust brightness, turn off wifi, kill apps without having to hold the home button/activating the multitask bar, and a variety of other things that you can add to it as well. In short, its useful, get it.)
Winterboard(Allows you to change the overall look of your iPod.)

Author:   euben0
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 11:39pm (PST)
Winter Board is pretty cool, thanks for the help.

Author:   Shane
Date:   Jul 21, 11 at 1:35pm (PST)
So can anybody recommend me some cool apps for a Jailbroken iPad? I got Iconclasm and Infiniboard, so now I can have like 80-odd icons per page hahaha.

Anything else cool?

Author:   LeoTechnosoft
Date:   Aug 03, 11 at 1:53pm (PST)
yes,

There are opensource firmwares available for other iPod models, but it depends on the iPod you have.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.