Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/15.htm

Author:   King Chaz
Date:   Dec 30, 10 at 3:03pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
Any iPad jailbreaks out there?

Author:   Fatal Intentz
Date:   Jan 18, 11 at 5:59pm (PST)
What are the different ways to jailbreak a iPhone 4 on 4.2.1?

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   Jan 22, 11 at 6:37pm (PST)
Anyone experience any problems opening iOS native folders with infiniboard installed? I also have iconoclasm installed but I didn't have any problems using folders with it.

Basically what happens is I open up a folder and the screen just becomes black. Only the statusbar is present and I have to press the home button which I presume closes the folder.

EDIT: It seems to only happen to folders that have 9 or more icons in them. And I can't edit the same folders either.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Jan 28, 11 at 8:18pm (PST)
Hey guys I'm running iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS. I want to upgrade but not lose my jailbreak status (tethering for free is drool-worthy). Anything out there?

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Jan 28, 11 at 9:05pm (PST)
As long as you have your SHSH blobs saved, iOS 4.2.1 looks safe with redsn0w. IMO I would just stay with iOS 4.0, makes it easy to re-jailbreak if anything should go wrong, just point it at jailbreakme

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Jan 29, 11 at 8:21am (PST)
quote bobbonew
Hey guys I'm running iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS. I want to upgrade but not lose my jailbreak status (tethering for free is drool-worthy). Anything out there?
Depends on what iOS you want. If you want 4.1, you need to have your SHSH blobs saved to be able to update to that firmware, but since you're already jailbroken, I'm suspecting you do.

If you have the old bootrom on your 3GS, then you can upgrade to 4.2.1 and have an untethered jailbreak, otherwise, if you have the new bootrom, it's just tethered and iOS 4.1 would be more suitable.

If you need to have the iPhone unlocked, then 4.1 is your safest bet for now.

If you have more questions feel free to ask here or just PM me Bobbo.

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Jan 29, 11 at 2:59pm (PST)
Okay guys I need a bit of advice.

I have an iTouch 2.0 MC Model on jailbroken firmware 3.1.3 untethered.

Really wanted to upgrade to something that is more compatible with a lot of other stuff and won't cause too many problems. Suggestions?

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Jan 29, 11 at 5:26pm (PST)
Upgrade in terms of software or hardware?

quote bobbonew
Your best bet is to upgrade with Pwntage Tool to 4.1 if you want to be able to unlock your iphone. Using TinyUmbrella in the proccess if you have SHSH blobs(which you can see in Cydia). I don't think its worth it to upgrade to 4.2.1 as there is nothing new in there. 4.3, maybe. It's mostly bug fixes.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Jan 29, 11 at 7:20pm (PST)
4.2.1? Not worth upgrading? Mofo has airplay. Well, it's not that useful if you don't have an Apple TV to be honest...

And 4.3, maybe? That has Personal Hotspot built-in. That's a major upgrade.

Date:   Jan 29, 11 at 8:15pm (PST)
Thats why I said maybe. Depends on what AT&T does with it. Thats the only reason I'd upgrade to 4.3.

Date:   Jan 30, 11 at 8:06am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Upgrade in terms of software or hardware?

quote bobbonew
Your best bet is to upgrade with Pwntage Tool to 4.1 if you want to be able to unlock your iphone. Using TinyUmbrella in the proccess if you have SHSH blobs(which you can see in Cydia). I don't think its worth it to upgrade to 4.2.1 as there is nothing new in there. 4.3, maybe. It's mostly bug fixes.
Upgrade in terms of software. Any recommendations on what to go to and what method to use?

Date:   Jan 30, 11 at 8:28am (PST)
If you have your SHSH blobs saved, I would recommend using TinyUmbrella to restore to 4.1 and then jailbreaking with greenpois0n. As far as I know, this is the only untethered jailbreak you can do with that model, or you have the option to do tethered on 4.2.1 with redsn0w.

Feel free to correct me, ZL. If I am wrong.

This message was edited by LOD-squa on Jan 30 2011.

Date:   Jan 30, 11 at 9:31am (PST)
For some reason iPod firmware and jailbreaking tutorials are just extremely hard for me to fathom, even though I can go through PSP homebrew in a breeze. If you had somewhere I could get more detail to the process it would be much appreciated.

Author:   Beta
Date:   Jan 30, 11 at 2:07pm (PST)
Does anyone know when Apple are going to release the 4.2.2/4.3 firmware?

Date:   Jan 30, 11 at 5:14pm (PST)
quote Twin_Master
For some reason iPod firmware and jailbreaking tutorials are just extremely hard for me to fathom, even though I can go through PSP homebrew in a breeze. If you had somewhere I could get more detail to the process it would be much appreciated.
I just noticed that you did mention that its an iTouch 2G, you should be able to restore to 4.1 with iTunes no problem, just download the firmware from here and shift+restore on iTunes if you're using windows. Then here is a tutorial for jailbreaking with greenpois0n. It should be easy off those two tutorials.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.