Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/12.htm

Author:   Yorkieboy
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 2:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
I just jailbroke my itouch about 3 days ago and I was wondering how I can get non itunes store music onto it now that itunes wont accept it anymore?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 4:58pm (PST)
You should be able to put Non-iTunes music on it without problems. Maybe you are not syncing? Or what problem are you having exactly?

Author:   Yorkieboy
Date:   Mar 23, 10 at 1:09am (PST)
oh it works now, i was just having a dumb moment lol

Author:   duker nuker
Date:   Mar 23, 10 at 8:19am (PST)
Not sure where I saw it, but you CAN downgrade firmwares for iPod Touches up to 2g, but it has to be a special version of 2g =\

Same for iPhone except up to 3g but special version of 3g. Just search on youtube for a tutorial on how to downgrade firmware and jailbreaking should be easy. Unfortunately for us (iPod 3g) we CAN'T yet...well I haven't found a way.

Author:   franco06
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 9:52pm (PST)
Can you jailbreak th 3G Ipod touches?

Author:   Dogsbaby
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 11:59pm (PST)
With BlackRa1n, yes. Keep in mind it's a TETHERED jailbreak. Meaning if your Ipod dies or you shut it off, it will need to be jailbroken again. Basically run Blackra1n again.

It's not as annoying as some people make it out to be though. Just keep your Ipod charged up and don't shut it, only sleep it. In standby it can last for a good 100 hours so it's not much of a problem. And Geohot and others have claimed to have come out with untethered jailbreaks, they just haven't released them. Probably in a few months they'll come out or when they jailbreak the Ipad (if it's possible).

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Apr 05, 10 at 4:55am (PST)
Actually they're not going to release a untethered jailbreak for 3.1.3, as it uses a new exploit as I understand. They will be waiting for OS 4.0, where they will be using that exploit to create a untethered jailbreak for all newer iDevices, including the iPad.

For anyone wanting to check out the iPad jailbreak, it's called "Spirit".

Author:   Darkness1000
Date:   Apr 05, 10 at 10:47am (PST)
quote Dogsbaby
With BlackRa1n, yes. Keep in mind it's a TETHERED jailbreak. Meaning if your Ipod dies or you shut it off, it will need to be jailbroken again. Basically run Blackra1n again.
Well, strangely, my BlackRa1n jailbreak for iPod Touch 3.1.2 is tethered, it would seem, as it shut off by lack of power but was still jailbroken when I turned it back on.

Date:   Apr 05, 10 at 10:41pm (PST)
If you have a older model iPod Touch (ie. 1G, some models of the second generation), then you will have a untethered jailbreak if my memory serves me correctly.

If you have a newer model iPod Touch (ie. newer models of the second gen, and 3g) then you will be presented with a tethered jailbreak which uses a older, semi patched exploit.

Author:   Kryptonite
Date:   Jun 16, 10 at 9:07pm (PST)
Hey anyone know some good themes for my iPod?

Author:   GLaDOS
Date:   Jun 22, 10 at 8:29pm (PST)
Does anyone know of a jailbreak for 2nd gen iOS 4 iTouch?

Date:   Jun 22, 10 at 9:44pm (PST)
You can use redsn0w, and enter the iOS4 GM into when it asks for your firmware as it's the exact same build as release, but the Dev Team recommends that you wait until they update their tools to jailbreak.

*Edit*
Looks like the Dev Team released their new tools today, you can jailbreak iOS4 using PwnageTool 4.0

Author:   Locky
Date:   Jul 13, 10 at 8:31am (PST)
I've no joke tried about every jailbreaking method that I have been told about -___- none of them work with my computer -.- its becoming rather annoying now haha, even the two shown on here on the first page ive had no luck with. so anyone, please message me or tell me on here a good program to use to jailbreak my ipod touch 2g, thanks.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Jul 22, 10 at 3:14pm (PST)
So guys, can I jailbreak my 3GS with iOS4 on it yet? Its never been jailbroken, and I really need tethering!

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Jul 22, 10 at 8:21pm (PST)
Are you on OS3 or iOS4? I'm not sure if you can go from non-jailbroken OS3 to jailbroken 4 yet or even iOS4 to jailbroken iOS4.

I used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak mine to iOS4. I already had OS3 jailbroken though. If you want to spend the time, you can try rolling back to OS3, jailbreaking it with redsn0w then jailbreaking that up to iOS4.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.