Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jailbreaking Discussion - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1353844-jailbreaking-discussion/11.htm

Author:   bob8294
Date:   Jan 30, 10 at 7:07pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Jailbreaking Discussion
-------------------------------------------
You can try Redsn0w but if you have a newer iPhone or iPod (3gen iPod and 3GS), you`re SOL until they manage to find a way to get off the tethered jailbreak.

Author:   Jesse55
Date:   Feb 14, 10 at 6:42am (PST)
Is there a jailbreak for 3.1.3 yet?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Feb 14, 10 at 6:46am (PST)
Yes, but it doesn't work on the iPhone 3GS nor in the 3rd Generation iTouch. Not to mention, it is Mac only, if I remember correctly.

Date:   Feb 14, 10 at 6:49am (PST)
Well, can i get a link, might be able to get it to work on pc, i dont know.

Date:   Feb 15, 10 at 4:51am (PST)
You can try this but I'm not too sure how well it works. Just by skimming, it supports all of the iPhones except for a select few, so just read it over before your start to make sure you meet all criteria.

Date:   Feb 15, 10 at 6:06am (PST)
Well, it doesnt work, how do i tell if my ipod touch is 1g/2g/3g?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Feb 15, 10 at 6:18am (PST)
Settings > General > About. Check the "model" field, and google it. Once you google the model, you will be able to tell what version it is based on the results.

Date:   Feb 24, 10 at 12:09am (PST)
Well, wheres the best place to watch for an update to jailbreak an ipod touch 2g/3g 3.1.3 with an mc motherboard, other than here.

Author:   Darkrow
Date:   Feb 24, 10 at 9:19pm (PST)
will jailbreaking my ipod touch (8 gb, 3rd gen) mess it up?

Date:   Feb 26, 10 at 12:13am (PST)
Jesse55: Try modmyi.com, ipodtouchfans.com or hacktheiphone.com. They're sites that have been around since the first iPhone/iPod Touch so theyre pretty reputable. Of course, giving the iPhone Dev Team a visit doesn't help, they're the mastermind that fabricate jailbreaks for everyone.

Darkrow: Yes and no, you shouldn't be able to jailbreak your iPod Touch Gen3 at all using current jailbreaking tools. Either that, or you will be limited to a "tethered jailbreak"(pretty much means that you can't restart your iDevice at all, not sure about resprings though) so yeah.

Actually, scratch all that, you can't jailbreak the third gen Touches at all. Sorry, you're just going to have to wait until they find a solution.

*Edit* My bad, you can jailbreak on 3.1.2 firmware. If you've gone ahead and upgraded to 3.1.3 firmware then I'm sorry, you're out of luck.

Author:   Aer
Date:   Feb 26, 10 at 4:16am (PST)
OK so, today I wanted to finally jailbreak my iPhone 3G, and of course right before I want to I upgraded my firmware to the new 3.1.3 (upgraded it yesterday, if I knew that it would screw up the jailbreak I wouldn't have done it, for a more accurate battery reading and a fixed glitch for some Japanese keyboard >.>).

I heard there is no current jailbreak for 3.1.3. Is this true? Will there ever be ? Cause I really want to jailbreak it.

Also, is there a way I can downgrade my iPhone to 3.1.2?

EDIT: So I was searching around YouTube and stuff and I found a good looking way on how to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2, so just wondering if this looks legit or not. It's telling me to put it in DFU (?) mode, where I hold the power and the home button at the same time, then when the screen goes black I let go of the power button and hold the home till I hear a sound on my computer. Then it gave me a link to download the firmware files for 3.1.2 to my harddrive, so when I restore my iPhone I hold shift+restore, choose 3.1.2, then it should let me use 3.1.2 again. Then I should be able to jailbreak it, correct?

Date:   Feb 27, 10 at 4:02am (PST)
That won't work, as iTunes contacts Apple's servers to sign the firmware before it gets installed onto your iPhone. They've only started to do this for the newer iPhones a way to stop jailbreaking from occurring.

Wait, did you say you have a iPhone 3G? Not the 3GS amirite? There may be some hope.

Author:   Feisar
Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 8:01pm (PST)
I've been intending to jailbreak my iPod Touch for a while now.

I'll give you details.
I have a 3RD Generation iPod Touch, and it's the 8gb model.
It's serial number starts with MC.
It's currently on firmware 3.1.2.

Would I be able to jailbreak it? Using redsn0w or blackra1n?
Or will it just brick it?

Author:   The Blade Slade
Date:   Mar 02, 10 at 3:11am (PST)
You'll be able to jailbreak it using Blackra1n but it'll be a tethered jailbreak. Meaning that if you turn off your ipod or it dies you'll have to reconnect it to the computer and re-run blackra1n again. It's just a little more inconvienent than the untethered. you can still do everything but if you have to reboot your device then just turn it off, hook it up to the computer, turn it back on, and when it tells you to connect to itunes, run blackrain again. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. I have my 3rd gen 32gb jailbroken with Blackra1n.

Author:   CaddyZx
Date:   Mar 11, 10 at 12:23am (PST)
I have a 2nd gen, MB model and a 3.1.3(7e18) version of the Ipod touch. I know its probably already been asked but is there a way of jail breaking this version?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.