Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Very Strange iPod problem - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1350862-very-strange-ipod-problem/

Author:   ChiroVette
Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 1:35am (PST)
Subject:   Very Strange iPod problem
-------------------------------------------
Okay, I have the 160 GB iPod and it was working fine until a little earlier today. Now I have a very odd problem. The iPod keeps playing the songs in my albums out of order. And it is doing so in a very strange way. Normally, on every album all the songs are in a certain order, obviously, and choosing to start with song #1, for instance, will make the iPod play all the songs in order starting from that song and ending with the last song in the album.

The problem is that the iPod is randomizing the order in which it plays the songs from each album, and it gets stranger. When I play song #1, it then goes to song number "whatever" only the iPod is calling it song #2. Then after that it goes to what it is calling song number 3, but it is yet another random song in that album. It isn't shuffling to tunes outside the album, which is why I find it very odd.

I have never seen a problem like this, to be honest, as the iPod seems to think it is playing the songs in the right order, only it isn't.

Not sure how much sense this is making, but does anyone have a clue what's going on?

I was thinking of reformatting the iPod, or perhaps just syncing it with my PC and iTunes and seeing if that works first. But before I do this I wanted to see if this is some kind of common problem with an easy fix of some sort that I am overlooking.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 2:00am (PST)
Subject:   re: Very Strange iPod problem
It looks like you have activated the random song playing. It does that in albums as well.

Author:   ChiroVette
Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 2:14am (PST)
Hmmm okay. Any idea how in the heck I can deactivate it? The weird thing is all I was doing was playing songs. I was not in the regular iPod menu when this first happened.

Edit: I got it. I went into the "Shuffle" menu and there were three choices for shuffling of songs. Somehow it must have toggled on, because after reading your post, when I simply toggled it to "off" it seems to be fine now. Thanks! -Chiro

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 4:22am (PST)

lol Chiro you're such a nub. Haha.

At the top right of the screen, it should show the icons of either the "Shuffle" or "Repeat" function to show which is activated, and smaller icons on it to show which kind (ie. All, One) so if there's something there that you know shouldn't be on there, then you knwo what to do.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.