Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Iphone 3g to expensive - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1348190-iphone-3g-to-expensive/

Author:   Smigga
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 6:11pm (PST)
Subject:   Iphone 3g to expensive
-------------------------------------------
Guys when will the iphone 3g come down in price in the uk?

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 6:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Iphone 3g to expensive
Apple is coming out with a new iPhone this summer or fall, but I'm not sure if there will be any price difference. There is a rumor that with the new iphone, you will no longer need a data plan, so that would make it cheaper.

If you wait until a few weeks before the new iphone comes out, you might beable to find the 3g on sale because people are trying to get rid of the stock. But if you do that, then it will be out dated as soon as you buy it.

I can't see Apple or AT&T reducing the price of it though. Its too much of a money maker, and people are still buying them at the price they're at.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 7:25pm (PST)
I had to pay more than 650$ for mine, with import taxes, unblocking service, and all that jazz ...

I think it is expensive with the plan in the US, but isn't it like, 250$ originally?

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 7:34pm (PST)
In the US, the 16gb model is $300, the 8gb is $200. Thats with the 2 year contract.

I think you can get a fully unlocked iphone that will work on any carrier for around $800 now.

Author:   beast009
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 8:19pm (PST)
You used to be able to order 16GB unlocked iPhones for $600 USD at puremobile.com, though I looked and it appears as though they've stopped selling unlocked iPhones at Apple's request.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.