Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Exploring the iPod Touch HD - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1346682-exploring-ipod-touch-hd/

Author:   DragoniteBallZ
Date:   Apr 11, 09 at 2:06am (PST)
Subject:   Exploring the iPod Touch HD
-------------------------------------------
How do I do it on the Touch? I can do this with the regular iPod and the Nano?

Author:   beast009
Date:   Apr 11, 09 at 2:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: Exploring the iPod Touch HD
I don't believe that the earlier models of the iTouch/iPhone support iTunes 8 HD, actually I think that the 3G is the only Apple product boasting HD at the moment. A future rendition of the iPod Touch that supports HD is supposed to be released later on this year, or so Apple and their blog followers claim.

Just to be clear: you are talking about high definition video support and not using the hard drive [HDD] as flash space, correct?

Date:   Apr 11, 09 at 3:46am (PST)
Oh no I'm talking about Hard Drive exploration. Haha sorry! But is that possible?

Date:   Apr 11, 09 at 4:12am (PST)
Yes, that's actually quite easy to accomplish!

Might I ask if your device is Jailbroken or not?

Date:   Apr 11, 09 at 4:39am (PST)
Jailbroken?

Author:   Best Player Ever
Date:   Apr 11, 09 at 4:48am (PST)
The only way to possibly do that is to jailbreak it.

Date:   Apr 11, 09 at 4:59am (PST)
quote Best Player Ever
The only way to possibly do that is to jailbreak it.
Actually, because Apple has opened their older SDK to third party devs it's possible to download one from a third party site or from the Apple Store as long as it's registered with them. I know of one in particular that essentially allows easier access to your iPod's HDD, and in turn more accessible flash space.

DragoniteBallZ read this: clicky

Jailbreaking an iPhone/iPod Touch is in a sense "unlocking it" so that you may customize your interface and use homemade apps at no expense. The concept is completely legal, so don't worry. The trouble comes when distribution of unauthorized Apple SDK libraries and apps comes into play, which isn't something you have to worry about provided you aren't a pirate.

There are different methods of Jailbreaking your device, depending on the current firmware your device is operating under. Alternatively, if you'd rather not go down that road I can give you a link to a $8 program (not app) that allows the use of your iPhone/iPod Touch as more of an external HDD without the need for Jailbreaking.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.