Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Getting Videos onto iTunes/Pod - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1285506-getting-videos-onto-itunes-pod/

Author:   Kevin
Date:   Dec 25, 08 at 4:29am (PST)
Subject:   Getting Videos onto iTunes/Pod
-------------------------------------------
Rather than buying the movie off iTunes can I just put a DVD into my computer and rip it onto iTunes and then sync it with my iPod?

Also, I suppose if that worked would it work with a TV Series? 24 Season 3 in this case.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Dec 25, 08 at 5:22am (PST)
Subject:   re: Getting Videos onto iTunes/Pod
There is a way, and all you gotta do is rip the videos off your DVD and then convert them. If you google a couple of things, you'll find some good programs out there, if you want to wait though, I'm currently in the works of a proper guide to get your movies (and seasons) into your iTunes library and your iPod at a good file size with a superb quality. I was going to end up submitting this guide to the movies forum as a Christmas present, but unfortunately I'm a little behind on it because I've been busy with my personal life, but I will promise that I'll have it by the end of the year.

Date:   Dec 25, 08 at 5:29am (PST)
Yeah after posting I researched it up a little bit and saw that. I'm a bit hesitant on downloading something because I don't want to download a virus er whatnot.

Have any recommendations of programs? From what I gather Handbrake was good and I thought this looked easy. Also, I'll definitely check out your guide once you finalize it.

Edit: This looks really good and legit. And I got it off of about.com which is usually pretty good. Can anyone verify that it work and doesn't have viruses or whatnot.

Well I tried to do it and I think it is working but it is literally going as fast as a snail...

Did I set it up wrong?

1 hour and not even 1%...

Date:   Dec 25, 08 at 6:54pm (PST)
Oh man, Videora iPod converter sucks so much.

Handbrake is definitely the best program when it comes to converting your DVDs. That's what I'm using for my guide. Maybe you can find one and try to go with it. Unfortunately the program may look simple, but there's more to it. It took me a couple of tries to get it right. Haha.

Date:   Dec 25, 08 at 11:46pm (PST)
Well I left it on for six hours and went to my Aunts for Xmas and when I came back the movies was on iTunes. So until I see your guide or find something else I'll just start a movie and leave it on all day. (Except for the fact that I want to put 24 Seasons 1-5 on which is like 30 discs... )

I also made it lower quality. But on my iPod I think it looks fine. The screen is small to begin with so the quality, I would think, wouldn't be significantly different.

Date:   Dec 26, 08 at 3:30am (PST)
Wow dude, it took that long and produced a small resolution video file? That's not good. Be patient, with my guide, you'll be able to convert you episodes at high resolution, with a decent filesize while maintaining quality at about the episode/movie's length.

Author:   moderateguy
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 8:45am (PST)
I think you need a "digital copy" of the movie to put it on iTunes. Some DVDs say they have it on the package. I know that works Ibut 've never tried to put a regular DVD on the ipod. I'm sure you just have to convert it somehow. Try this link: http://www.daniusoft.com/tutorial/dvd-to-itunes.html#135

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Apr 12, 10 at 12:38am (PST)
If you're on OS X and want to do this, then go and download Handbrake. It puts the video in the correct resolution for the iPod Touch and compresses it fairly well.

Author:   SmoothLake
Date:   Jan 10, 11 at 6:40am (PST)
quote Kevin
Rather than buying the movie off iTunes can I just put a DVD into my computer and rip it onto iTunes and then sync it with my iPod?

Also, I suppose if that worked would it work with a TV Series? 24 Season 3 in this case.
Yes, you can just rip a DVD onto your iTunes easily, do it with this step by step guide:
http://www.aimersoft.com/tutorial/dvd-to-itunes.html

It works fine on my computer, and I can play DVD movies on iTunes as well as on potable iPod as I like.

Author:   colarmac
Date:   Aug 20, 13 at 7:40am (PST)
Most DVD movie comes with a digital code, you can download the digital version into your iTunes library with the code, it's free, and then you can sync it to your iPod. Or you may try this dvd converter, works fine too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.