Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Can't charge my iPod - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1269069-39-charge-my-ipod/

Author:   chaos
Date:   Nov 24, 08 at 12:15am (PST)
Subject:   Can't charge my iPod
-------------------------------------------
My iPod was left on, and it's completely dead now. I went to plug my charger into my PC, and went to connect the laptop but nothing happened. No light blinked on my iPod and a small window popped up that said that my computer could not recognize the USB Device. What could the problem be? I just charged it on Thursday, no problems. Should I try one of the USB slots on the back of the computer? Although I'd imagine it wouldn't make a difference at all.

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Nov 24, 08 at 12:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: Can't charge my iPod
It might. Also, if the battery's completely discharged remember that it could take up to 30 minutes for the iPod to be recognized by your PC.

Date:   Nov 24, 08 at 12:19am (PST)
I plugged it into my Xbox just now, and that didn't recognize it either. The battery has been completely discharged several times before though. I normally go to bed while listening to my iPod, so most of the times, I fall asleep with it on and it just keeps playing overnight until it discharges completely.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Nov 24, 08 at 3:40am (PST)

Never completely discharge you iPod. These electronics are very sensitive and you risk killing off a part of it's battery life. There's a chance that the USB cable no longer works. Pray that's the case, other wise there's a chance your iPod's battery is completely dead, or it just needs to fully charge to get those lithium particles active again.

Date:   Nov 25, 08 at 6:14pm (PST)
Thanks for the help. I've tried connecting it to the other PC and my laptop as well, but still nothing. I'm just going to get a new iPod. I'd rather have a video iPod anyway.

Author:   Old Man Zangetsu
Date:   Nov 27, 08 at 3:07am (PST)
Uhhh use a wall charger.

Author:   rockstar4595
Date:   Dec 30, 08 at 2:47pm (PST)
Well I don't have a wall charger and don't have enough money to buy one, so is there a way I can charge my i-pod on someone else's computer without accidentally downloading songs from their i-tunes account onto my i-pod nano:confused:

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Dec 30, 08 at 4:22pm (PST)
Tell them to go into iTunes and click on Edit > Preferences then click on the "Devices" tab. Check the box next to "Disable automatic syncing for iPods and iPhones". That should prevent an iPod from auto-syncing when connected to a PC.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.