Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Can anyone recommend a hardshell case for the 80g iPod Classic? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1264948-anyone-recommend-hardshell-case-for-80g-ipod-classic/

Author:   ThePanicSound
Date:   Nov 16, 08 at 7:38pm (PST)
Subject:   Can anyone recommend a hardshell case for the 80g iPod Classic?
-------------------------------------------
First of all, just wanted to say hello. This is my very first post on the forum.

I recently got the iPod 80g Classic and I am looking for a good hardshell case for it. There are a few specific things that I am looking for. I want a clear hard case. I'd like the clickwheel to be exposed. But most of all, I am really looking for one that is completely open at the bottom.

I use the griffin iTrip probably 80% of the time that I am using my iPod, and I want a hard case that will allow me to plug the iTrip in while the case is still on.

This is a picture of the exact iTrip that I have, and as you can see, it must sit completely flush against the bottom of the iPod.

(The picture shows a 30g video, but this iTrip fits the Classic as well..)

I have found many online, but it is always difficult to discern whether or not my iTrip will fit with the case still on.

Can anyone recommend anything? Does anyone have a case that they use along with their iTrip?

Thanks!

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Nov 16, 08 at 7:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Can anyone recommend a hardshell case for the 80g iPod Classic?
I don't have an iTrip but I can tell you that most cases are going to have an opening at the bottom just so you can plug in a dock connector cable and the like. Not sure if this one is comletely open at the bottom but it might be a good one to look at based on what you're looking for:
Griffin iClear Hard-Shell Case For iPod Classics

Author:   ThePanicSound
Date:   Nov 16, 08 at 8:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Can anyone recommend a hardshell case for the 80g iPod Classic?
Thank you for the recommendation! That was actually the case I was looking at on Amazon. So I went to Griffin's website (probably should have done that to begin with ) and one of the FAQs was whether or not an iTrip will fit, and they said yes!

The reviews seem pretty good for it.. and it's priced well. I think I'll try it out. (And do a little more investigating next time before starting a new topic!)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.