Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Music on an Ipod - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1239514-music-on-an-ipod/

Author:   Phoenix327
Date:   Sep 27, 08 at 2:13am (PST)
Subject:   Music on an Ipod
-------------------------------------------
Can you take a song(s) off of an iPod without deleting the song(s) from your library?

Author:   samuraisushimonster
Date:   Sep 27, 08 at 2:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Music on an Ipod
Try unchecking the song in itunes if you have itunes set to only sync checked songs.

Date:   Sep 27, 08 at 2:35am (PST)
I unchecked the songs I didn't want, set it to only sync checked songs and then went ahead and synced, but it still doesn't take the songs off my Ipod.

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Sep 27, 08 at 11:37am (PST)
It's very simple. When your iPod is connected to your PC access it in iTunes, make sure you checked "Manually manage music and videos", then click the "Music" tab under the iPod on the left side of the screen. Finally, highlight the songs you want to remove and just press Delete.

Date:   Sep 27, 08 at 11:51pm (PST)
quote DCRage
When your iPod is connected to your PC access it in iTunes, make sure you checked "Manually manage music and videos", then click the "Music" tab under the iPod on the left side of the screen. Finally, highlight the songs you want to remove and just press Delete.
I did exactly as you said, but when I go to check if the songs were actually removed, the artists and songs still show up on the iPod as if they were never removed.

Author:   samuraisushimonster
Date:   Sep 28, 08 at 4:49pm (PST)
Maybe if you restored your ipod and it still set to only sync checked items when its transferring the songs to your ipod it will only transfer the checked ones. Make sure you have a copy every thing on your ipod backed up on your hard drive though restoring it deletes it.

Date:   Oct 02, 08 at 9:05pm (PST)
I don't know what happened the other day, but I got it working correctly again. All I did was buy more songs and all the things that I had trouble doing before suddenly were easy to do (ie. Taking songs off the Ipod, deleting playlists, etc.). Anyways, everything is working again. Thanks guys!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.