Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: apple crashed my pc! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1207466-apple-crashed-my-pc/

Author:   Hogan Angel
Date:   Aug 02, 08 at 10:11pm (PST)
Subject:   apple crashed my pc!
-------------------------------------------
I want everybody to know that apple will crash your computer if you try to 'rip' it from your computer. I warn you all to never buy an Ipod. A better company called 'creative' sells mp3 that are cheaper and hold more music. They hould twice as much. Apple is heading in its next downslide.

I want also to say, if ANY moderator takes this post of or locks it down, it is a sign that they will stop people from tearing down untrustworthy companies. Please reply if you agree.

This message was merged with other messages by a moderator

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Aug 02, 08 at 10:43pm (PST)
Subject:   re: apple crashed my pc!
Apple has had a history of problems with their PC side, poor performance of the itunes software with high cycle consumption for no reason (they eventually addressed this) bundling software with their installs without consent and generally just dodgy results across the board.

Having it manually remove unfriendly isn't a shock though, it would probably be expected given how it likes to root into the OS. Honestly the uninstaller is there for a reason, on top of that you can run a registry cleaner and wipe out the rest of the garbage.

Pretending that people are going to censor you is just being foolish and assuming the site is going to favor a company it has no ties with. If you plan to hold any credibility it's best to actually give the people a chance instead of making it sound like everyone is out to get you.

Something like this is a YMMV thing though, experienced users know how to rip things out of their system if they don't like it and novice users generally don't fathom the idea of deleting by hand and often are inept to where the add/remove programs screen is anyway.

Creative makes decent players, Sandisk usually gets my preference in the low memory arena though.

Anyway, if you get people not siding with you then you brought it upon yourself, this is the ipod forum, if you wanted a collective discussion you should have done it in the actual audio general forum. Link

Author:   Hellfire29
Date:   Aug 02, 08 at 10:44pm (PST)
How did Apple crash your computer?
What are the specs?
I know that an Ipod refuses to run on USB 1.1 ports for some weird reason.

P.S. No-one is going to take you seriously if don't spell your post right.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Aug 02, 08 at 10:45pm (PST)
It seems that the statement rip it from the computer would indicate they just went into explorer and tossed the folder. iTunes installs quite deep so it wouldn't be shocking for a problem to come fourth.

Author:   0172
Date:   Aug 03, 08 at 12:20am (PST)
It's just because you don't know what you're doing. Don't blame it on Apple.

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Aug 03, 08 at 1:26am (PST)
quote Hellfire29
How did Apple crash your computer?
What are the specs?
I know that an Ipod refuses to run on USB 1.1 ports for some weird reason.

P.S. No-one is going to take you seriously if don't spell your post right.
The older ones should work on a 1.1 (at least that's what the manual for my 5G iPod says), but the performance won't be as good as using a 2.0 port.

Author:   Dark Maverick Zero
Date:   Aug 03, 08 at 3:40am (PST)
quote Hogan Angel
A better company called 'creative' sells mp3 that are cheaper and hold more music.
I find this entertaining for multiple reasons.

1st. I've never had any issues with apple software on my pc, other than the fact that my pc is a little on the lacking side of memory.

2nd. If you go about deleting files that are tied to the system, of course its going to screw stuff up.

3rd. Creative was the first brand that I went with when I started using MP3 players (Nomad Series 1). Comparably, I have had more issues with it than the iPod.

quote Hogan Angel
I want also to say, if ANY moderator takes this post of or locks it down, it is a sign that they will stop people from tearing down untrustworthy companies. Please reply if you agree.
Apple must be trustworthy to some extent. After all, they are still selling a great amount of systems.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Aug 04, 08 at 10:43pm (PST)
quote Hogan Angel
I want also to say, if ANY moderator takes this post of or locks it down, it is a sign that they will stop people from tearing down untrustworthy companies.
If your thread gets closed or deleted it will be due to rule violations, not a vast conspiracy to promote Apple. These types of threads have been closed in the past because they became troll fests.

Author:   THDimension
Date:   Aug 04, 08 at 11:08pm (PST)
If you "rip" files from your computer, ofcoarse itt'l crash,
what else were you expecting? a magical faerie?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.