Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ipod Classic 160 gig Skipping Songs - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1174063-ipod-classic-160-gig-skipping-songs/

Author:   gypsygirl5
Date:   Jun 15, 08 at 4:39pm (PST)
Subject:   Ipod Classic 160 gig Skipping Songs
-------------------------------------------
Hi. I use my Ipod mainly in the car (with an FM transmitter) and at work (a car factory) with the Bose Sounddock. I have 3300 songs and make up 8 hour playlists for work. I had an old Ipod that worked fine until the battery started to die. Then it would freeze and require resetting frequently. This one is playing along fine and then plays a small part of a song, then jumps to the next one. It may play parts of a bunch a songs, or may jump several songs before playing again. Then it settles down and plays normally for a while. I reformatted it once, but the problem continues. It is only about a month old. We wondered if something in the factory could be affecting it, as it plays fine in the car. Mind you, in the car, I do not use my playlists, I just put it on shuffle. The old Ipod didn't do this at work either, however, so I am not sure that is the problem. Has anyone else had this happen? Should I take this Ipod back? It's very annoying. Thanks.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Jun 19, 08 at 1:47am (PST)
Subject:   re: Ipod Classic 160 gig Skipping Songs
First off, is it the same songs that are skipping or is it occurring to randoms songs. If it is the same songs skipping then play them in iTunes to make sure that they aren't corrupt. If it's just randoms songs I would take the iPod back.

Here's a support article.

Author:   gypsygirl5
Date:   Jun 22, 08 at 6:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Ipod Classic 160 gig Skipping Songs
Thanks. It is random. In fact, if I go back and restart a song that it has skipped, it will play it fine. I think I will return it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.