Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iTunes error when trying to create iStore Account. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1154228-itunes-error-trying-to-create-istore-account/

Author:   Jema_dc
Date:   May 12, 08 at 11:15am (PST)
Subject:   iTunes error when trying to create iStore Account.
-------------------------------------------
Hi guys,

I don't know if anybody can help me.

I'm having a problem when I try to create or access my iStore account on iTune 7.6 (Windows Vista).

When I click on Access iTunes Account, I put my username and password... I get the message:
"Error (-9812)".

Does anybody know, what this error means?

Author:   touchdown23
Date:   May 13, 08 at 11:33am (PST)
Subject:   re: iTunes error when trying to create iStore Account.
I think you need to be connected to the internet if you weren't already.

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   May 22, 08 at 12:28am (PST)
According to the Apple Support.

quote Apple
When you try to access the iTunes Store from iTunes for Windows, you may get the following error message if you're using Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows XP Pro, or Windows 2000:

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error occurred (-9812). Make sure your network connection is active and try again.

If you have broadband access (cable, DSL, or other high-speed access), try turning your modem off for a minute and then turning it back on. If you also have a router connected to the modem, turn it off for a minute and then back on again. Once you've established a web connection, try accessing the iTunes Store again from iTunes.

If you still get the error, follow the steps in the Microsoft knowledge base article 822798 to resolve the issue. Note that while the Microsoft article describes a different issue, both issues share the same cause and solution.
The solution might not be simple if you deal with the knowledge base article.

Author:   jema_dc
Date:   May 27, 08 at 11:11am (PST)
I'm connected to the Internet...

I also tried to disconnect and connect again, disconnect and connect back the Modem, and even tried many kinds of Internet Connection - WiFi/3G Phone/Network Cable.

None of this worked.

The strange thing, is that when I simply try to access iTunes Store, clicking on the link in the iTunes, it works fine. The problem only happens when I try to Log-in or create a new account.

I will now try to read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 822798 to see If I get a clue

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.