Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: manually manage music and videos - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1108456-manually-manage-music-videos/

Author:   Pulsa
Date:   Mar 04, 08 at 7:16pm (PST)
Subject:   manually manage music and videos
-------------------------------------------
I am currently running my laptop on a very low amount of hard drive space. I would like to delete some songs on my computer to free up some space as this is what a large majority of my hard drive is being used for. A friend of mine told me to go on the summary section of my 'Itunes, My iPod' section and tick 'Manually Manage Music And Videos'. He said that with this checked, i can delete music from itunes but i will still have it on my iPod. Which would be a solution to my Hard Drive problems. But i wanted to know how i could delete the songs that were on my ipod, as now it will not copy my library. I thought if i went on the 'Music' section of the 'My iPod' menu, i could delete albums and/or tracks i dont want anymore but instead it just lists the playlists i have on my iTunes. Does anyone know how i can delete music files off of my iPod with the 'Manually Manage Music And Videos' box ticked?

(Sorry for making this really long but i wanted people to be clear on what iv done)

Thanks in advance

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Mar 08, 08 at 4:16pm (PST)
Subject:   re: manually manage music and videos
In iTunes select your iPod and go into the music tab. You can delete the music from there. I think that's what you're asking about.

Author:   Pulsa
Date:   Mar 09, 08 at 3:36pm (PST)
That is what i mean. But when i click that music tab it just lists the playlists i have on itunes. For example 'On-The-Go'

Author:   dazex
Date:   Sep 14, 08 at 12:06am (PST)
quote Pulsa
That is what i mean. But when i click that music tab it just lists the playlists i have on itunes. For example 'On-The-Go'
The songs on your ipod won't appear under the music tab. It will appear in the music node of your iPod device when you have it connected to your computer. This is in the panel on the left side of your iTunes window. Simply expand by clicking on the drop down arrow and you'll see the sub nodes, Music will be one of them.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.