Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Cover Flow Problem - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1106832-cover-flow-problem/

Author:   WingZero259
Date:   Mar 02, 08 at 12:04am (PST)
Subject:   Cover Flow Problem
-------------------------------------------
How do I get the albums to show up on the cover flow and now playing screen? Now I know "certain" songs might not show it up but the "other" songs should.(I'm trying not to break the rules so read between the lines, lol.) Like for example on the box of the 80GB and 160GB is the cover of Nelly Furtado's album Loose. Yet when I put the album on, the picture doesn't come up! Then when I did Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesounds, his picture came up on a song that was from Justified! Any way to correct this? And can I add an album cover to those "certain" songs as well?

Author:   Toby
Date:   Mar 02, 08 at 12:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Cover Flow Problem
I'm sure if you right click a song, one of the tabs at the top is "Album Artwork". It will work on any song.

Date:   Mar 02, 08 at 8:11am (PST)
I tried that but when I did it took me to my pictures. I'm not trying to google search every single picture of every single album I own.

Author:   Special K
Date:   Mar 03, 08 at 9:21pm (PST)
There is a built in feature to find the album artwork for you in newer versions of iTunes.

Go to menu Advanced>Get Album Artwork

Just follow the rest and it should get you the Covers.

Date:   Mar 04, 08 at 12:24am (PST)
Ok that helped significantly. I'm guessing for some of the newer albums it might take maybe a while. Is there a way I can manually get album artwork through the itunes store?

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Mar 08, 08 at 4:13pm (PST)
The "Get Album Artwork" option in iTunes only gets album artwork from the iTunes store. To manually add album artwork, download the album artwork off a website (or scan it with a scanner), go to the album in iTunes, select all the songs in the album, right click and select get info. Now click on the artwork tab and select add (although you might be able to drag and drop, I don't remember off hand).

Author:   axforts2212
Date:   Mar 08, 08 at 4:21pm (PST)
There is no add feature when adding artwork for multiple items, it must be drag and drop.

Date:   Mar 08, 08 at 4:39pm (PST)
I seem to remember dragging and dropping onto the square in the bottom right hand corner of iTunes. I believe a song from the album needs to be playing to do that.

Author:   axforts2212
Date:   Mar 08, 08 at 4:44pm (PST)
Doesnt need to be playing

Date:   Mar 08, 08 at 5:22pm (PST)
As you can see, I have lots of experience with iTunes.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.