Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Putting Music on your Ipod with out deleating music already on there - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1054186-putting-music-on-your-ipod-with-out-deleating-music-already-on/

Author:   luffyluffy
Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 10:28pm (PST)
Subject:   Putting Music on your Ipod with out deleating music already on there
-------------------------------------------
My mom has an Ipod(Like one of the first few ones)and she has some random music on it(The Beatles I think) She said I could use it and put my music on it as long as I didnt deleate all the other music that was on there...Is there a way to do that? I looked on the apple website but they dont have something like what I need...

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 11:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Putting Music on your Ipod with out deleating music already on there
When iPod is connected to your PC, go into iTunes, click on your iPod and go to the Summary tab. Click the box that says "Manually manage music and videos" so a check appears. Now the music stays on as long as you do not delete it yourself in iTunes or use Restore. Also, DO NOT sync music using the Sync function under the "Music" tab. If the music on iPod is not in iTunes, it will be deleted.

Edit: To add music manually, click on the "Music" tab on the left side in iTunes, then click the song you want to add (hold down CTRL while clicking ot highlight multiple songs) then drag the songs to the iPod icon (an icon with numbers appears if more than one song is being copied) and release. The songs will be copied to iPod while remaining in iTunes.

Author:   luffyluffy
Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 11:26pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Putting Music on your Ipod with out deleating music already on there
Ok! Thanks!

Author:   BigAls
Date:   Aug 03, 08 at 5:34am (PST)
This is the most helpful advice I have ever come across regarding this topic. I've read many advice from numerous forums and this one hits it in the head. Drag and Drop to iPod icon.

Thank you.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.