Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iPod Firmware update? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1053767-ipod-firmware-update/

Author:   Special K
Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 12:09am (PST)
Subject:   iPod Firmware update?
-------------------------------------------
Do you think that Apple will every update the firmware for the 5th generation iPods so they do the cover scrolling thing/ split screen thing? I think they should. The iPod no doubt has the capabilities, but they would probably have to reprogram the entire fireware. Do you think that they ever do it?

On another note, does anyone here use iPod Wizard?

Author:   axforts2212
Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 12:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: iPod Firmware update?
I highly doubt they will.

My ipod is the original 30GB. My brother got the revised 5G 30gb with the search feature added. Its been over a year and I havent gotten that feature from firmware yet. Now with the classics...I doubt you will see any real firmware updates anymore

Author:   Master of the VG
Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 12:14am (PST)
Try at your own risk!

It might work fine, but I have never been able to test it out myself. I don't have an iPod video.

Date:   Dec 08, 07 at 8:48pm (PST)
I will try that right now. Looks interesting. Thanks... I will post to tell you guys if it worked.

Author:   Ghost117
Date:   Dec 08, 07 at 10:23pm (PST)
quote Master of the VG
Try at your own risk!

It might work fine, but I have never been able to test it out myself. I don't have an iPod video.
How would I even install this?

Date:   Dec 09, 07 at 4:44pm (PST)
You'll need iPodWizard 1.3.7 in order to apply the firmware update. Other than that I couldn't find any instructions since the site's FAQ section is down.

Date:   Dec 09, 07 at 5:57pm (PST)
You should be able to find information about this at Ipodwizard.net... No wonder I couldn't get it to work... I hadn't updated my version of ipod wiz in a while...

Date:   Dec 09, 07 at 6:19pm (PST)
Let me know how it works. I'm curious to see if it's either functional or gimmicky. I have a few friends with iPod videos that might be interested in the firmware update.

Author:   Ghost117
Date:   Dec 09, 07 at 8:15pm (PST)
It's functional and buggy at the same time so I suggest we wait it out until a newer version of the firmware comes out.

Date:   Dec 10, 07 at 3:00am (PST)
Yep, I tried it, and its extremely buggy for me... I think I will revert back for a while and wait for a new update. It does look like a lot of work went into it, and it is pretty nice, though. I think I'll try getting one of the background mods to work next...

Date:   Dec 10, 07 at 3:38am (PST)
Well I'll try to keep you guys updated on it when there is another update. What kind of bugs are you seeing?

Date:   Dec 10, 07 at 3:41am (PST)
It seems to be really slow for me, and sometimes doesn't display the album covers, even though they are there... I haven't had a whole lot of time to try it out... I'll see if I have some more time to test it more tomorrow, I have a huge project due tomorrow and I'm not yet done...

edit: sometimes the blue highlight bar extends over the cover-flow part of the screen.
e2: The video menu is a mess. The cover-flow is basically in the background with text continuing onto it

This message was edited by specialk7225 on Dec 09 2007.

This message was edited by specialk7225 on Dec 09 2007.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.