Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Deleting songs from computer after downloaded - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1049615-deleting-songs-from-computer-after-downloaded/

Author:   John Hubers
Date:   Nov 30, 07 at 1:42am (PST)
Subject:   Deleting songs from computer after downloaded
-------------------------------------------
I just bought my first ipod. I've got a whole library of CDs to put on it (30 gig), but wonder if I have to keep these songs on my computer after uploading them. It appears as if I do as they get deleted from the ipod if I delete them from the computer.

Is it possible to delete songs from the computer? You help would be much appreciated.

thanks

J Hubers

Author:   m_darkdrogon
Date:   Nov 30, 07 at 1:48am (PST)
Subject:   re: Deleting songs from computer after downloaded
Connect your iPod to your computer and load iTunes. On the iPod screen, make sure there's a check mark on "Manually manage your music", something like that. If that's checked, the iPod won't automatically sync itself. If you want to add stuff to the iPod, you'll have to click and drag the files.

Apple's article

Author:   John Hubers
Date:   Nov 30, 07 at 2:31am (PST)
Thanks much.

Now I've got a flashing screen saying: "do not disconnect" that doesn't resolve itself as I reset it.

What should I do??

Date:   Nov 30, 07 at 3:15am (PST)
Have you tried ejecting the iPod?

Author:   john Hubers
Date:   Nov 30, 07 at 3:29am (PST)
Yes, that's not a problem. It also synchs the music as though its working OK, but everytime I connect it to the computer it keeps flashing "do not disconnect" -- no matter what I do it keeps doing this.

Date:   Nov 30, 07 at 3:40am (PST)
Hmm, I don't see the problem. That happens with mine all the time. Of course, I don't really know that much about the new iPods.

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Nov 30, 07 at 1:01pm (PST)
quote john Hubers
Yes, that's not a problem. It also synchs the music as though its working OK, but everytime I connect it to the computer it keeps flashing "do not disconnect" -- no matter what I do it keeps doing this.
The "do not disconnect" part is normal. That indicates iPod is connected to your PC, is accessible via your PC, and that the battery is charging.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.