Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: iTunes Store Buys - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2537/t1001980-itunes-store-buys/

Author:   Ryushi Menesa
Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 10:54pm (PST)
Subject:   iTunes Store Buys
-------------------------------------------
So heres the deal, I'm running dial-up right now, so I can't exactly download the videos I want in the short time I could have it in on faster internet. So I was thinking, would I be able to go to a friends house and sign onto my iTunes store account on his computer, buy and download whatever it is I want, put it onto my iPod (while not losing anything I already have on it), then come back to my computer and be able to upload that thing I just bought onto my iTunes from my iPod? Y'know, in case something happens to my iPod and I don't necessarily want to go back to my friends house just to sync it back to it.

Using an 80gb iPod Classic.

Author:   DCRage
Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 10:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: iTunes Store Buys
You should be able to, worst case is you have to authorize the other computer but that only takes a few seconds.

Author:   lanky man
Date:   Sep 19, 07 at 6:56pm (PST)
      No, you can't. Whenever you sync with another computer / library, it erases the current songs / files, then puts on the new library.

The nearest thing to do is ask him to send it over something like MSN. But that may also take a while.

Another idea is to burn a disc with them on. (Not as a DVD, just a file disc, then import them thataway).

Date:   Sep 20, 07 at 12:34am (PST)
Actually, there is a way around that-in iTunes when iPod is connected to your PC, go to the Summary tab and click the box next to "Manually manage music and videos". This prevents files from being automatically deleted when you connect iPod to your PC if the files on iPod are not in your iTunes library.

Author:   lanky man
Date:   Sep 21, 07 at 5:52pm (PST)
      Yes, but then when you still upload them, it deletes them. That happened with me, when I tried to transfer my music that way. I do know about the managing of music, but I thought that was limited to just taking songs from the same library (ie, 2 iPods, different songs from the same computer/library).

Ah well. You can only try, I suppose.

Date:   Sep 21, 07 at 6:29pm (PST)
Copying the iTunes Library file should remedy that problem. I know it's possible to do that and have more than one Library.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.