Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wired Xbox Headset Wont Work - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1852443-wired-xbox-headset-wont-work/

Author:   dolanissupreme
Date:   Apr 13, 13 at 5:15pm (PST)
Subject:   Wired Xbox Headset Wont Work
-------------------------------------------
Xmas 2011 I got a 250 GB black Xbox with a free wired headset. I got gold live a month ago and wanted to use my headset, but the mic wouldnt work. I took it apart and a wire was disconnected. I sodered it. My mic still wouldnt work, all I would hear is wind blowing at it when the mic wasnt muted. Can someone help me with this problem?

Author:   DoorBreaker
Date:   Apr 13, 13 at 7:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wired Xbox Headset Wont Work
get a new one

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Apr 13, 13 at 10:20pm (PST)
or a different kind if money allows. the ones that come with the system are the crappiest of the crappy. try the bluetooth\wireless one, they are cheap and work tons better, plus there's a handy switch you can toggle and use it for your cell phone as well. they can be cheaper if you shop around.

Author:   sublimetool
Date:   Apr 13, 13 at 11:19pm (PST)
Not too sure if this is correct or not. But I remember hearing somewhere that if you use wired headsets with wireless controllers you'll have static problems... And, if you use a wired controller with your wired headset it should solve the problem... Supposedly...

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Apr 14, 13 at 8:26pm (PST)
i often test the quality of headsets by going to anyone in my friends list and clicking send message -> voice message and recording something, then playing it back and seeing what it sounds like. i think i tried what youre talking about sublimetool, one time and there didnt seem to be a whole lot of difference. it seems like it mostly matters on the quality of the actual headset.

but the proprietary 2.5mm 360 headphone jack is very shoddy and isnt a good connection anyway. thats the only real thing about the next Xbox i hope gets improved. would a USB mini port really have killed them?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.