Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Over 750,000 Xbox 360 consoles were sold during week of Black Friday - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1798202-over-750-000-xbox-360-consoles-were-sold-during-week-of-black-friday/

Author:   RabidChinaGirl
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Over 750,000 Xbox 360 consoles were sold during week of Black Friday
-------------------------------------------
[[news:21482]]

Author:   bluexy
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 12:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Over 750,000 Xbox 360 consoles were sold during week of Black Friday
I don't think the Wii U numbers took into consideration the entirety of the weekend, but yeah the Xbox numbers are pretty solid. The original Wii only sold 600,000 over its launch week too. Video games be making money! I think it's great everything seems to be selling well.

Author:   Fauve
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 1:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Over 750,000 Xbox 360 consoles were sold during week of Black Friday
It shows that consoles aren't dead no matter what some people like to say.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 1:59pm (PST)
My favorite part is how Nintendo blamed shortages for Wii U sucking. Yeah, cause it couldn't have anything to do with the console being outdated on the tech side and a mediocre at best upgrade of the Wii on the innovation side.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 2:02pm (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
My favorite part is how Nintendo blamed shortages for Wii U sucking. Yeah, cause it couldn't have anything to do with the console being outdated on the tech side and a mediocre at best upgrade of the Wii on the innovation side.
On the bright side, I saw an entire pallet of Wii's selling for $99 if anyone needs a new Gamecube

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 5:26pm (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
Why blame it on the shortages? When a console can be found on a shelve around the time of launch, there is no excuse for selling so few units.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 6:17pm (PST)
Ah not to much of an xbox fan but I'm kinda glad it sold better than the Wii U. At least so were told.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 6:43pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
quote Shinobi_razor
Why blame it on the shortages? When a console can be found on a shelve around the time of launch, there is no excuse for selling so few units.
exactly. didnt they do basically the same thing when the 3DS didnt go over so well?

on the bright side it means Wii U's should see a price drop relatively quickly, unlike the Wii. but the fact they arent selling like hotcakes sucked a little for me, as i bought a Deluxe on launch to put on eBay and only made like $60 profit after all fees and shipping. better than nothing but i was hoping they would be going outrageous like when the Wii launched.

Author:   THM
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 8:06pm (PST)
May God bless Xbox 360!!!!!

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 8:26pm (PST)
Are you being sarcastic THM or you really do like the 360?

Author:   Intoxication
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 8:44pm (PST)
My goodness, that's a lot of consoles.
What's wrong with these people? or were they just giving them away? :>

Author:   THM
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 5:19am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Are you being sarcastic THM or you really do like the 360?
Nah..I just wanna play 'Halo 4'

Author:   ashantiqua
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 9:13am (PST)
hot damn!

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 10:30am (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
Exactly.. Nintendo have had a year to mass produce the consoles and they more that likely have 3-4 million if not more stockpiled up to ship out, maybe not all made it to US retailers but it doesn't matter when the system didn't even sell out in the first place.

Author:   Fury
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 4:42pm (PST)
It really may have been because of supply shortages. I thought it was weird that the Wii sold 300k units that week, not much less than its successor. It's either due to supply or extremely bad advertising, I think.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.