Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Xbox Live is turning 10. Microsoft giving custom 360s to longest subscribers. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1792647-xbox-live-turning-10-microsoft-giving-custom-360s-to-longest-subscribers/

Author:   Fury
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 1:42am (PST)
Subject:   Xbox Live is turning 10. Microsoft giving custom 360s to longest subscribers.
-------------------------------------------

Yep, Xbox Live officially launched 10 years ago on November 15, 2002. Microsoft is celebrating by giving away custom 360s to some of the longest XBL subscribers. Major Nelson hints that there may be other ways to win one, as well as some other prizes, so check out his Twitter soon:

quote MajorNelson
If you like the look of that console and want to get one for yourself, you should stop back here Thursday (tomorrow) morning (PT) where I’ll have complete details on how you can win one for yourself.
Plus, you’ll want to follow me Twitter because I’ve be running a separate contest (to win other stuff) just for my Twitter followers that I’ll kick off Thursday morning.

Just click the ‘Follow’ button above and you’ll be all set.
How many years of the 10 have you been a member? I didn't have a subscription until some time soon after Halo 2 launched. So I'm close to 7 years. I quit using my original account about 4-5 years ago though.

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 5:05am (PST)
Subject:   re: Xbox Live is turning 10. Microsoft giving custom 360s to longest subscribers.
I've had Live since Mech Assault, so probably 2002-2003? Though I had to make a new gamertag for the 360 as I couldn't transfer my original xbox profile

Author:   EricF
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 8:34am (PST)
Subject:   Xbox Live is turning 10. Microsoft giving custom 360s to longest subscribers.
Ah, I've only been on Live 4 years. It'll be 5 just after Christmas, but that's certainly not long considering some peoples' time there.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 8:41am (PST)
Subject:   re: Xbox Live is turning 10. Microsoft giving custom 360s to longest subscribers.
quote Ren of Heavens
I've had Live since Mech Assault, so probably 2002-2003? Though I had to make a new gamertag for the 360 as I couldn't transfer my original xbox profile
I would've done the impossible to get my gamertag transferred to the 360. XD I had a similar problem but I got it fixed. The console looks interesting and I wonder how many people are going to sell them for good $$. XD I believe I have 6 years..would be more if I didn't change gamertags every 2 months a long time ago.

If anyone wants to enter to win the console you can go here, don't forget to get Wreckateer for free if you have a Kinect.

Author:   TurMoiL911
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 8:56am (PST)
I had a gamertag from 2005, but it got hacked and I lost it (along with a good amount of MSP). I miss having a gamertag from the original Xbox.

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
quote xbox.com
The Xbox 10 Year Anniversary Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 11:18am (PST)
I would be on 6-7 years but I missed a few months of paying somewhere along the way so that reset it or whatever. I wouldn't have had a chance to win even if I had 7 years, the people with 9 or 10 years will be winning.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 11:38am (PST)
8-9 I've been a member, I believe.

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 1:30pm (PST)
I've had my account since around 2002 or 2003 I think. I migrated it over to the 360 and went through a name change just fine. Not sure if having silver on and off a few times will count against me though...

Pretty awesome of them to do this though.

Author:   Fury
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 1:50pm (PST)
Major Nelson posted again on the prizes and stuff:

quote Major Nelson
Wow…how time flies! 10 Years ago today, Xbox LIVE officially launched and today we all celebrate this milestone. On behalf of everyone here on the Xbox team…thank you for your support over the past ten years. Thank you for believing, like we did, that a premium online service has a place in console gaming. We took a gamble when we launched the original Xbox by including a network port on the back before there was even a service to connect with. No extra network adapter or modem to purchase – you were ready out of the box (and arguably, before we were!)
In November 2002, we launched with games like MechAssault, NFL Fever and of course Ghost Recon and since then we’ve never stopped building the service as your center for always on, always connected gaming and entertainment.

To celebrate, head over to Xbox.com for details on how you can win one of the VERY limited edition Tenth Anniversary consoles* and pick up your free copy of Wreckateer. Plus members can save 50% on Castle Crashers, Battlefeld 1943, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, Bastion, Peggle and Full House Poker. Don’t forget to download the free Gamer picture Your local Xbox.com may also have additional promotions for the anniversary, so be sure to sign in with your account and see what’s up and details.
*See contest rules for details and restrictions

PLUS: Today only (Thursday, November 15th) I am giving away 10 free One year subscriptions to Xbox LIVE Gold every hour for 10 hours. Starting at 11a ET/8a PT I’ll be looking at Twitter for replies to MajorNelson tagged with #XboxLIVEis10 where you tell me your favorite memory, game or experience you had on Xbox LIVE over the past 10-years. If you have room, throw in your Gamertag as well.

Every hour from 10a ET/7a PT until 7p ET/4p PT I’ll be giving away 10 Xbox LIVE One-year Gold Subscriptions. Remember you must be following me so I can DM you a code if you are randomly chosen. The contest is open to my twitter followers in all Xbox LIVE regions. I am not doing the random giveaway at the same time every hour, I’ll be mixing it up a bit to make it interesting. You also don’t have to keep track if you won or not, if you are chosen, I’ll DM you a code. One entry per person please.

To make it easy, you can Tweet (and enter) directly from the box below.

Good luck!

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 6:41pm (PST)
Well I'm out. They want me to add a gamer pic. I've had my gamer pic since the 360 first came out. I got it on the first game I played, which was Condemned. 7 years. Not taking it off now, no sir.

Author:   hellspawn518
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 6:49pm (PST)
Well I got the helmet but im only 7 years, 8 years at the end of this month

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 7:21pm (PST)
quote Darknet
Well I'm out. They want me to add a gamer pic. I've had my gamer pic since the 360 first came out. I got it on the first game I played, which was Condemned. 7 years. Not taking it off now, no sir.
They just want you to download it so you can enter the sweepstake. You don't have to use it.

Author:   Distortion
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 7:48am (PST)
Count me as the baby of this family because I've only been a member for three years (4 next month). Shame, as I like the look of that box.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.