Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: WHAT GAME SHOULD I BUY? Episode 3: Revenge of the Nerds - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1562832-game-should-buy-episode-3-revenge-of-nerds/9.htm

Author:   xWarriorOfLegendx
Date:   Jan 03, 11 at 11:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: WHAT GAME SHOULD I BUY? Episode 3: Revenge of the Nerds
-------------------------------------------
well super street fight IV is very popular but I personally like tekken 6 the campaign sucks though.
the games are very different in gameplay so you should pick the one that suits you best

super street fighter IV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d21sf-FQGLw&feature=channel[link

tekken 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S07aPY6HMFc&feature=related[/link]

Author:   Aussie Legend
Date:   Jan 04, 11 at 7:00am (PST)
quote xWarriorOfLegendx
super street fight IV is very popular
Tell that to hoggy, lol.

quote ButchSmudge
I want to buy my first Fighting Game.
Marvel VS Capcom 3 is coming out in a month or so, and it looks really awesome!

Author:   xWarriorOfLegendx
Date:   Jan 05, 11 at 9:33am (PST)
quote Aussie Legend
Tell that to hoggy, lol.
lol yea but hoggy is .... unique

quote Aussie Legend
Marvel VS Capcom 3 is coming out in a month or so, and it looks really awesome!
o yea i forgot about marvel vs capcom 3 i'm definietly getting it when it's released

btw ButchSmudge

marvel vs capcom 3 is a very different game from the other fighting games i put videos for. So heres a video for that aswell incase you were interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V3M_6tEdbM

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Jan 06, 11 at 3:14am (PST)
hoggy will be complaining once MVC3 comes out too, saying Soul Calibur is so much better than any other fighting series. which is hilarious since SC wouldnt even be around if not for Street Fighter 1, which didnt start but popularized the fighting genre.

Author:   BARFIE
Date:   Jan 20, 11 at 3:54am (PST)
Bulletstorm
or
DeadSpace 2

Really love EPIC's games and love the idea of getting a GoW3 Beta key.

Had a damn good time playing Dead Space and enjoyed the Dead Space 2 demo.

Have been watching all gameplay and trailers for both games and cant make a good decision. Im leaning towards Bulletstorm because its a whole new expirience and comes with the beta key. After watching yourmomhatesdeadspace for a good hour today it has convinced me that i might want Deadspace.

What should I do guys?

Date:   Jan 20, 11 at 10:42am (PST)
BARFIE - I'd just wait for the Bulletstorm demo to come out before you make a decision, just try it out and see if you enjoy it (comes out early next week from memory).

Although it looks awesome, I just have this horrible feeling its gonna feel really repetitive.

Date:   Jan 20, 11 at 9:38pm (PST)
yeah it really depends on how far they are going with all the "Jedi powers" you can get. how many different ones there are and whether you can upgrade them to make them more effective or not. im hoping you have to work to make your powers be really awesome and not just be handed them all at once. like i dont want it to be the Halo Reach thing where you just choose your ability before you spawn.

Date:   Jan 21, 11 at 1:51am (PST)
Well, apparently your supposed to be able to spend the points you earn from Skillshots to upgrade your weapons/abilities, so I doubt they are gonna give you them all at the start.

That probably can't be said for Anarchy or Echoes mode though, in those two they are probably unlocked from the start (or even better, they could be unlock mid game with a Nazi Zombies like system maybe).

Author:   Chronic Apathy
Date:   Jan 26, 11 at 12:04am (PST)
I need a good hack 'n slash for cheap. Right now Devil May Cry 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 are both $9.99 used, so I'm looking at getting one of those. Any advice on which one is better? I bought NG2 when it first came out and loved it, beyond the lag that higher levels provided. Are there any other choices I should consider?

Author:   BoneCrusher
Date:   Jan 26, 11 at 5:14am (PST)
If you want a good hack and slash, get NIER I just bought it yesterday and it hasn't disappointed yet. I have played about 4 hours into it, I really enjoy it.

Author:   Alyssa
Date:   Feb 01, 11 at 6:03am (PST)
Nier is the definition of fantastic, despite what reviewers say. It's something that gets better as you progress. And honestly, I think it has the best bosses of any video game, sans maybe Shadow Of The Colossus and Lords Of Shadow (and that's a pretty big maybe, I might add).

Here are a few others..

If you aren't expecting the best damned video game in existence, Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom is pretty cheap (given that it's a budget title). If you aren't expecting a whole heap of challenge, Enslaved: Odyssey To The West is your new best friend, or if you're poor/cheap, Prince Of Persia 08 is also good. If you aren't a rabid Castlevania fanboy, Lords Of Shadow is a fantastic game to go through.

Author:   FreedomHunter
Date:   Feb 09, 11 at 3:06am (PST)
This list is whack.

Author:   chaotic
Date:   Feb 16, 11 at 8:58am (PST)
Anybody played Marvel vs Capcom 3? Is it any good? More specifically, do the controls still blow (MvC2 controls on 360 are complete shit)?

Date:   Feb 16, 11 at 8:40pm (PST)
still waiting for my 2 copies to show up at my door. the controls have been "dumbed down" a bit i hear, i believe there are only 3 attack buttons now, assist buttons, maybe a throw, and probably the hyper combo buttons for Easy Mode. its supposed to be pretty close to TVC controls.

but it seems from what ive read so far on the Facebook page, most ppl dont mind the controls, some hate them. its probably split around 65-35% from what ive seen so far.

Author:   Vergil Ties
Date:   Feb 20, 11 at 12:44am (PST)
quote chaotic
Anybody played Marvel vs Capcom 3? Is it any good? More specifically, do the controls still blow (MvC2 controls on 360 are complete shit)?

Judge for yourself. This guy is a damn good reviewer and seems to have a good idea as to what he's talking about.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.