Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: WHAT GAME SHOULD I BUY? Episode 3: Revenge of the Nerds - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1562832-game-should-buy-episode-3-revenge-of-nerds/6.htm

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Oct 30, 10 at 11:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: WHAT GAME SHOULD I BUY? Episode 3: Revenge of the Nerds
-------------------------------------------
Enslaved is totally a sleeper hit. that game is amazing and not many ppl seem to be paying attention to it.

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 2:12am (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
Enslaved is totally a sleeper hit. that game is amazing and not many ppl seem to be paying attention to it.
Don't know about everyone else, but I'm too busy playing through Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow to go through Enslaved.

Oh, there's another suggestion - Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow... unless there are reasons to say no..?

Author:   ZacFairFan2010
Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 5:48am (PST)
enslaved is awesome i got the demo and got addicted right away i'm gonna buy it in a few weeks when the christmas sales start to kick in

Author:   MasterOfBlades
Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 5:49pm (PST)
Is gothic 4 any good? It looks great but I can't get any player reviews. I need new games. No CoD or sports games please. And I have fable 3 new Vegas and reach already. And mass effect.

Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 8:14pm (PST)
i hated the Gothic 4 demo personally. it was super boring, the plot was lame and the controls seemed overly complicated. it seems like they were trying to go for a Dragon Age-ish feel with the button layout and menus and things, but tried to "reinvent the wheel" and by doing so just screwed everything up.

Author:   ButchSmudge
Date:   Nov 14, 10 at 12:13am (PST)
Is Fable III worth getting? I played the hell out of Fable II and I love everything about it. What's different in Fable III?

Author:   DragonPirateZolo
Date:   Nov 14, 10 at 12:48am (PST)
quote ButchSmudge31
Is Fable III worth getting? I played the hell out of Fable II and I love everything about it. What's different in Fable III?
From what I've seen... nothing. There's a new feature where you "touch" people. Oh and you're a king or queen. Just look up some reviews or something.

Date:   Nov 14, 10 at 4:59am (PST)
id say its probably worth renting more than buying. i might be renting it in a while.

Author:   Dark Dom
Date:   Nov 14, 10 at 5:09am (PST)
Yeah, they changed the system for buying new spells etc. You get them on the Road to Rule. It's hard to explain, look up a video. Also weapons are balanced now, so it's not like "pick one." The whole King/Queen thing is a tad unbalanced though. I found myself killing people left right and center, and there were no.. repercussions for it. Guards just smiled and saluted me. You'd think people would... revolt? I dunno, it's not as fun without the risk of punishment.

Author:   BARFIE
Date:   Nov 19, 10 at 9:02pm (PST)
I'm sort of deciding between Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Dead Rising 2, Fallout New Vegas and Force Unleashed 2. Problem is, I absolutely loved every singe one of the previous titles in the series. It's presenting quite an issue for what exactly I want to buy. I've heard from various people that all of the games I've happened to list are very similar to its predecessor. I heard Assassins Creed Brotherhood is two easy, Dead Rising 2 is too annoying/repeditive, New Vegas is nearly identicle to Fallout 3 but with more glitches and the Force Unleashed II isnt as good as the first one. What would you guys suggest? Maybe Ill end up getting one from gamestop used and keeping it for a week then returning it saying I didnt like it and get a full refund.

Author:   Star of Spurs
Date:   Nov 19, 10 at 9:25pm (PST)
Force Unleashed 2 is four hours long. New Vegas is glitchy but a patch should be coming out, DR2 seems pretty damn good and Brotherhood's getting raving reviews. I'd say rent FU2 if you really want to play it, and then buy any of the other 3. I'd say Fallout'd probably be the best on gameplay time value, DR2 on pure fun and Brotherhood on all-round goodness.

I'm asking for all 3 for Christmas/Birthday though so nyerghhhh

Author:   ZacFairFan2010
Date:   Nov 20, 10 at 12:41am (PST)
i think you should get brotherhood.
i got it on ther release and i love it.
I've finished the single player and the multiplayer looks interesting (havent gotgold so i can't test it myself)

Author:   JugJug
Date:   Nov 20, 10 at 9:09pm (PST)
Debating between Bayonetta and Silent Hill Homecoming, they are both 19.99. Which should I get?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Nov 20, 10 at 9:20pm (PST)
Bayonetta's epic! Didn't play Silent Hill Homecoming, so I can't comment on it, but I don't like SH games so I am obviously being biased. get Bayonetta IMHO.

Author:   Mr Apples
Date:   Nov 22, 10 at 11:07pm (PST)
Hello all.
Ive been playing fifa for about a month now, and im getting sick of it. I've recently been fired from from career mode (annoyingly) and blah blah, basically, I dont want to play it anymore.

So I need a new game; I have live, but don't usually play online, I don't mind if the games old or new.
I need the game to last a long time since I don't usually buy many games.
Don't suggest cod.
I'm pretty shite at rpgs so only recommend it if its a must have.
Got most of the sports games.
I own, or have owned:
Cod
Fifa
NBA Live 10
GTA
RDR
Assassins Creed
Ninja Gaiden

Btw, I'm pretty new to xbox so I'm jot aware of many exclusives.

Thanks!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.