Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: WHAT GAME SHOULD I BUY? Episode 3: Revenge of the Nerds - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1562832-game-should-buy-episode-3-revenge-of-nerds/12.htm

Author:   sephiroth_campbell
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 1:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: WHAT GAME SHOULD I BUY? Episode 3: Revenge of the Nerds
-------------------------------------------
quote Existence
I might be going for a 360 soon, so I need some recommendations, guys. The PS3 remains my platform of choice for multiplats, so exclusives only, please- both released and upcoming.

Any genre except turn based RPGs, sports and racing (unless it's something arcade-y like Burnout) will do. Also, I've already played Mass Effect on the PC, and Halo just isn't for me, so anything apart from those.

if you like c&c youll love halo wars....its the same just better a few others you may like are....

gears of war....although i hate those titles.
there are many on the live arcade....trials hd, limbo and geometry wars are my favorites.....just youtube random xbox games and see what you think

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Oct 09, 11 at 8:42am (PST)
Stuck between 3 games to buy, I'm gonna buy 2

Forza 4, Battlefield 3 or Skyrim...which 2 should I buy ?

Author:   sephiroth_campbell
Date:   Oct 31, 11 at 12:51pm (PST)
i have BF3....no where near as good as hyped IMO, i'd think about getting this game when it gets patched up, the campaign is also really slow and buggy, not to mention short.

forza on the other hand is ok, probably the best forza yet...but i am a NFS fan....so for me to like it is a great deal.

personally i would go with skyrim, or maybe abother title....like the MGS HD remakes is a good possibility.

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 1:12pm (PST)
Thanks

I've got Forza, thinking of selling it though to buy BF3. Its a good game n all but as with most racing games it gets boring imo

Gonna Pre-order Skyrim tomorrow. I would but I'm from the UK. So gotta wait til next year for MGS HD

Author:   judaspriest
Date:   Nov 05, 11 at 1:51pm (PST)
That number 3 keeps reoccurring with new/future releases I want:

Ninja Gaiden 3
Left 4 Dead 3
COD: Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
Saints Row 3
Gears of War 3

Author:   Justin
Date:   Nov 20, 11 at 5:07am (PST)
I've had Skyrim for about a week. Anyone curious as to if they should get it or not, they definitely should. The game's easily the best $60 I've spent on a video game for, like, a few years, to be honest. It's the greatest game I've played in awhile, too. It's really fun and very worth the money and time invested in it. It takes a lot of time to play the game, though. It's not an on and off kinda' game.

I've heard some really good news about Battlefield 3. Is it as good as I've heard?

Author:   sailorminimoon_15
Date:   Nov 26, 11 at 9:11am (PST)
Here's what I'm looking at:

Call Of Duty 3,Modern Warfare 3,and World At War (replacement)
Fable 3
BF: Bad Company 2 and 3
Gears Of War 1,2,and 3
Bioshock
The Sims 3,Generations,Late Night
Xbox Live Pack: Communications-keyboard,headsets,and 12month live
Saints Row 1,2,and 3
Halo 3: ODST and Reach
Assassin's Creed 1,2,Brotherhood,and Revelations
Batman: Arkam's Asylum and Arkam City
Dragon Age 1 and 2
Red Dead Redemption

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Nov 26, 11 at 5:52pm (PST)
Just one or two then

Author:   EricF
Date:   Dec 10, 11 at 10:07pm (PST)
I got Microsoft Points today to get Dead Space 2: Severed, but now I've loads to spare (approx. 1600). I was thinking of getting Limbo, or Trials. Played Trials HD which is really fun, but can become a bit of a bore. Played the demo of Limbo and it seems pretty good, but heard it has no replay value.

What should I get? (other recommendations welcome too)

Edit; I got Limbo. But thanks for the help.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   Dec 13, 11 at 1:28pm (PST)
So many games I want, but I am so backlogged on what i've got now it's not even funny. got to finish skyrim, dragon age, FFXIII, Kinect Adventures... Looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and GTAV though

Author:   Deception
Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 2:43am (PST)
Just bought a 360, need some good game suggestions. Exclusives only please, I still use my PS3 for multi platform.

So far I only have
Fable II
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2

gogogo

Author:   Casanova
Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 3:30am (PST)
Hi There! I am a huge fan of Zelda, Fable and Resident Evil and I looking to buy a new game.. I am currently waiting for the new Resident Evil Game(s) but very impatient and I want something new to play... Could someone please gimme reason(s) why I should get skyrim if that's what someone suggests?? I am also hesitant on getting that as I REALLY don't like first person games, but i know it can be in 3rd...

Anything else?

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Dec 27, 11 at 10:38am (PST)
quote Deception
Just bought a 360, need some good game suggestions. Exclusives only please, I still use my PS3 for multi platform.

So far I only have
Fable II
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2

gogogo
Lost Odyssey and Tales Of Vesperia if you're into JRPGs, because they're pretty much the best in the genre this generation.

If not, then Crackdown and Forza.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Dec 28, 11 at 2:56am (PST)
quote Justinsfriend
Hi There! I am a huge fan of Zelda, Fable and Resident Evil and I looking to buy a new game.. I am currently waiting for the new Resident Evil Game(s) but very impatient and I want something new to play... Could someone please gimme reason(s) why I should get skyrim if that's what someone suggests?? I am also hesitant on getting that as I REALLY don't like first person games, but i know it can be in 3rd...

Anything else?
why get Skyrim? well maybe because you can spend 50-100 hours easy and not even touch the main quest. youll practically never run out of quests and things to do. so if you like insanely huge games, that would be the one to get.

Author:   NauseantPlacebo
Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 1:07pm (PST)
as Christmas is over i am looking for games to buy, i got SRTT and my brother got Skyrim, i have 135 pound left to spend and am looking for games to buy. I'm looking for games that could last me most of the year so something with re playability, i like most genres apart from sports e.g.(racing, fighting etc.). i will probably buy Battlefield 3 but i have no clue of what else to get. what would you guys recommend?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.