Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: WHAT GAME SHOULD I BUY? Episode 3: Revenge of the Nerds - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1562832-game-should-buy-episode-3-revenge-of-nerds/10.htm

Author:   Demonic Sword
Date:   Feb 20, 11 at 3:53am (PST)
Subject:   re: WHAT GAME SHOULD I BUY? Episode 3: Revenge of the Nerds
-------------------------------------------
So I was wondering if I should get Super Street Fighter 4 or Marvel Vs. Capcom 3? What do you guys think?

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Feb 22, 11 at 2:41am (PST)
Well, that depends on what sort of fighting game you prefer. Do you prefer the old school sort which has you punching, kicking and using special attacks at the right times, or do you prefer ones where you mash buttons to perform bazillion hit combos?

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Feb 23, 11 at 2:00am (PST)
haha, yeah MVC3 is much more noob friendly and easier, SF4/SSF4 are very close to original SF2, only with super moves and stuff. so not as steep a learning curve as SF3 but still tricky to master.

Author:   Anneka
Date:   Mar 09, 11 at 10:55am (PST)
you should not buy anything until the new Mortal Combat is out

Author:   The Host
Date:   Mar 09, 11 at 3:23pm (PST)
Except Bulletstorm. That game is *bleep*ing tits.

And maybe Portal 2 if it ends up any good.

Date:   Mar 12, 11 at 10:30pm (PST)
Bulletstorm was ok but didnt really do anything for me. it was really overhyped.

Author:   Alyssa
Date:   Mar 16, 11 at 5:23am (PST)
Agreeing with Shinobi here Eric. Bulletstorm is a 6/10, tops. Aside from some of the skillshots here and there, shit was pretty average.

That said, I can't wait for Portal 2 either.

Date:   Mar 18, 11 at 6:23am (PST)
after having played some Homefront the other day, i feel the same way. 6 or 7/10 tops on that too. its not bad, just not really good. it has its cool points but nothing that really stands out at all. it feels sort of like a mix of COD and Battlefield, only not particularly a good mix.

as far as Bulletstorm goes Epic needs to just stick with Gears and make sure Gears 3 is over the top awesome.

Author:   The Wind
Date:   Mar 19, 11 at 9:21pm (PST)
TBH I thought Bulletstorm was more along the lines of the games I used to buy, not very long, fun for me, decent story, but has replayability. It is how many of my favorite gamecube games were, so I wan't dissapointed. (So you know, the game GUN was one of my favorites until Red Dead Redemption came out.)

So, I have to ask, Is Dragon Age:Origins any good? I know its old, but I would like some kind of thoughts on it. The type of RPG's I'm used to are Oblivion, and if you can call it an RPG Harvest Moon. I'm looking for something a little more tactical, and was wondering what ya'll thought.

Man, I'm gonna be dirt poor by christmas. Lets see, Portal 2, Skyrim, Gears 3, and possibly Dragon Age Origins....

Author:   Spectre
Date:   Mar 19, 11 at 11:05pm (PST)
It may take a while to get into it, but Dragon Age: Origins is one of my all time favorite games. The characters and the lore are what really make the game.

Author:   smarti3
Date:   May 18, 11 at 2:07pm (PST)
I'm looking for a Realistic FPS and was thinking of buying Operation Flashpoint: Red River. I've got all CoD's and traded in BFBC2.

What's Operation Flashpoint like ?

Can anybody recommend any other Realistic FPS's ?

Author:   ssjgoten
Date:   May 18, 11 at 2:45pm (PST)
quote Demonic Sword
So I was wondering if I should get Super Street Fighter 4 or Marvel Vs. Capcom 3? What do you guys think?
MVC3 is more beginner friendly because it has the same combinations for each brawler. But there could've been so much more content on that disc. You've got arcade mode which is irrelevant due to really shitty endings for each characters (It shows about three drawn pictures) where in street fighter you have these pretty solid animated videos. Spectator mode sucks and is horrible if you're multiple people playing against each other.
Overall it's pretty decent and it has some pretty fun and easy going combat.

SSF4 on the other hand is more advanced and you really have to learn your character, or else you'll get your ass handed to you online, but I (like many other people) love that freaking game. The brawlers are so awesome and original. They fit so well with their style overall. Oh, and to even be decent at that game you need an arcade stick because the 360 controller is an abomination for fighting games.

Author:   death6661230
Date:   May 21, 11 at 3:02am (PST)
halo reach no dought

Author:   Mr Apples
Date:   Jun 28, 11 at 5:52pm (PST)
Right, I need a new game!

I have 6 weeks off college and I need a new game to last me that long (I don't xbox too much, maybe 1 hour a day if that).

Games I already own:

Fifa
Mortal Kombat
Dragon Age
GTA
Splinter Cell Conviction

Not interested in FPS's, racing games or sports games and I can wait a week or two if a game is yet to be released.

I'm thinking an RPG might be good since I loved Dragon Age. But I'd like something of the same style, as in olden day sword type game (not futuristic like Mass Effect). Dragon Age 2 or Fable maybe?

Considering buying Red Dead Redemption again (completed it for PS3 ages ago) so that's also an idea.

But I need other suggestions please

NOTE: I hardly ever play online, so single player games is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Author:   Solid Snake 4Life
Date:   Jul 04, 11 at 2:18pm (PST)
Since you have Conviction you might as well go and get Double Agent. The gameplays not the same but it's still a great game.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.