Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Feedback, Announcements & General Discussion #6 - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1322326-feedback-announcements-general-discussion-6/14.htm

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Apr 06, 10 at 3:51am (PST)
Subject:   re: Feedback, Announcements & General Discussion #6
-------------------------------------------
Congrats Turmoil!

I'll give you your present later.

Author:   Mave Zero
Date:   Apr 07, 10 at 9:32pm (PST)
I noticed someone say that they'd like this forum to be like the old General Xbox forum. What exactly did the General Xbox forum have that this forum does not? What can be added or 'improved'?

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Apr 07, 10 at 10:29pm (PST)
its just not the same without Steelie. im a poor replacement for him.

Author:   JugJug
Date:   Apr 22, 10 at 10:59pm (PST)
I got a question, my T.V goes up to 720p, are these good cables to use?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270003&cm_re=hdmi_cable-_-12-270-003-_-Product

Author:   TurMoiL911
Date:   Apr 23, 10 at 3:42am (PST)
Activity's been dropping lately (it kind of feels sitewide, actually), so does anybody have any ideas for how to boost activity?

Date:   Apr 23, 10 at 4:43am (PST)
neked pics of u?

quote JugJug

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270003&cm_re=hdmi_cable-_-12-270-003-_-Product
yeah HDMI is great to use provided of course your 360 has a port for it. those cables arent too expensive but you can get them on Amazon cheaper.

Author:   Guugley
Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 11:49am (PST)
Something I did when I moderated Mario Kart Wii was, when there was a GameGrep article related to the game, the Mario series or anything that I thought would apply to the community, I'd make a thread about it. Normally I would just use the brief description as a quote in my post and then link to GameGrep where they can go to the source for the full article. It adds to the forum but also gets GameGrep more hits.

There's no real sense of community in gaming sense across Neoseeker imo - I've put my name up in the MW2 forum several times to try and get a team together and I think one person has added me, you also have to take into account that the MW2 forum was/is massively active too. It's like people are scared to play with others, I don't get it.

Author:   Curt Connors
Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 12:10pm (PST)
quote Guugley
It's like people are scared to play with others, I don't get it.
Considering some of the nutters on Neo, I'd be scared to share even digital space with them

quote Shinobi_razor
neked pics of u?
A thousand times yes!

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 12:32pm (PST)
Question: Is the ginormous header necessary? The scrolling is bit of a pain. Also, forum headers are not supposed to be higher than 120px iirc.

Even on my huge screen I have to scroll down to see even the slightest glimpse of the forum itself.

Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 1:58pm (PST)
Yeah I'd agree with that. The pixel limits aren't strict, they can be loose to whatever, but the header really isn't that good tbh.

Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 2:05pm (PST)
Yeah, maybe a header contest would be a good idea should you choose to have a banner-style header?

Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 2:10pm (PST)
It's pretty limited though to be fair, I think maybe a Flash one like some other forums have (I think General Wii and some more, idk) could work. Sonic Flash makes them iirc.

Author:   JugJug
Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 7:34pm (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
neked pics of u?

quote JugJug

yeah HDMI is great to use provided of course your 360 has a port for it. those cables arent too expensive but you can get them on Amazon cheaper.

Yeah, I just purchased them off of amazon. Not sure if the order is going to approve, since I use an alt. method. Are the cables I showed better than the xbox brand component cables or whatever is the best cable xbox sells for HDTVs?

Edit: What would be better, the HDMI cables I showed above, or these cables?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B6MLPU/sr=8-1/qid=1272137798/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1272137798&sr=8-1&seller=

Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 11:59pm (PST)
HDMI is the best video cables available for any video related device, period. Component is good too but video at 1080p gets compressed. and in case you were gonna ask, there is no quality difference in HDMI. digital cables either work or they dont so cheap ones from Amazon are just as good as "high quality" ones.
quote Devastate
Yeah, maybe a header contest would be a good idea should you choose to have a banner-style header?
i did a header contest before but no one was interested in making one, so the sorry excuse of a banner i made is the result. i was tired of the previous one Steelie had and i wanted something new. you are more than welcome to submit a banner.

Date:   Apr 25, 10 at 12:05am (PST)
It's not the quality that's the issue, it's the size of the thing. It's huge, and it looks even huger as you go onto progressively lower resolution monitors.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.