Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Commentary - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24330/t552547-commentary/

Author:   Ronaldo77
Date:   Jun 22, 05 at 7:55am (PST)
Subject:   Commentary
-------------------------------------------
Reiterating what I said in a different thread, I'd like to see James Allen and Martin Brundle record a commentary for this game, as it would definitely add a bit of interest to the race.

Would you like to see commentators on the game?

Author:   jespomo
Date:   Jun 22, 05 at 10:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: Commentary
It would be nice if they recorded commentary but only if it wasn't repetitive and actually made sense and not just random babbling. And if they added Murray Walker as a surprise extra I wouldn't complain although I doubt it will happen.

Author:   loopy loony
Date:   Jun 22, 05 at 12:28pm (PST)
How about Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking from Pro Eve 4?!

Date:   Jun 22, 05 at 2:12pm (PST)
Not a chance

I'm sure they had Brundle and Walker on an F1 game a few years back, might have even been on PS1.

Author:   jameskayf1mad
Date:   Jun 28, 05 at 1:54pm (PST)
the commentary sucks!! it sounds so bad i turn it off. come on lets have some feeling lads. the worst thing is that every 2 laps brundle repeats the race order and it never changes because the stupid computer cars never overtake!!

Author:   Lewis_Dogg
Date:   Jul 25, 05 at 9:29pm (PST)
Well i think the commentry is a nice touch and i love hearing the words 'klien is first' cos i always is you get me. And they do overtake so he does change what he says quite often

Date:   Jul 26, 05 at 10:05am (PST)
I've never heard the commentary on the game, as I've only raced in Career Mode and in Timed Test session

Date:   Aug 10, 05 at 2:06pm (PST)
i reckon you should have a go with the commentry on because i feel it makes the race alot better and just a bit more life like

Date:   Aug 11, 05 at 3:21pm (PST)
They should have it in career mode though, I wonder why they didn't put it in

Date:   Aug 12, 05 at 6:41pm (PST)
Yeah if they did put commentry in career mode i reckon it would have been tops. But oh well, roll on the ps3!

Author:   Lincoln123
Date:   Jun 23, 10 at 12:36pm (PST)
I consider the commentary a major critisism of this game. It's so 1990's, and quite boring and repetetive. Why can't they make it more detailed like they did on the TV. I should expect more from Allen and Brundle. They need to use more power in their commentating just as they would do on TV, instead of random blabbing, like...

OKAY! I'm getting myself confused here. Let's just do an example. There's a battle for the lead between Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso at a random track, the commentary SHOULD have been like this.
"...and Schumacher is trying to get on the inside of Alonso, but wait, Alonso fights back at it, his defending could help here, but wait! Schumacher is going to continue the fight, they're side by side coming into Turn 1, who's got the moves? Who's on front! Schumacher takes first place from Alonso! FANTASTIC stuff!"

They'll have to look at this because at the moment, no F1 game has had good commentary since Formula One 2003.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.