Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 100% Club! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24268/t703086-100-club/

Author:   ChiroVette
Date:   Jun 19, 06 at 12:55am (PST)
Subject:   100% Club!
-------------------------------------------
Hey everyone! I always seem to be the one to start a 100% Club, a tradition I began waaaaaaaaaay back in the Vice City (PS2) Forum, and have done in all the major GTA forums since then.

So...if you have 100% Completion post here and I will add you to the club! Since the game just came out, I don't think many people have 100% Completion yet. Remember, I am NOT talking here about beating the main Storyline only, but getting 100% Completion! If you aren't sure, check your stats under "Percentage Complete" which is the FIRST entry in the Stats menu.

100% Club:

• ChiroVette
  • Spidey Man
  • ercin13
  • mnmfan
  • trendyskaman

Congratulations to mnmfan, and trendyskaman , the newest member of, the coveted, the world famous...100% club!

This message was edited by ChiroVette on Jul 14 2006.

Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 12:38am (PST)
    Subject:   re: 100% Club!
    Well I am just bumping this thread so people know abhout it when they achieve 100% completion, as I just did. Anyway, report here, and I will ask Enigma to delete all the posts, exceopt for the first post, I will update the club list periodically, as people post.

Author:   Spidey Man
    Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 1:48am (PST)
    yep add me chiro I got 100%

Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 2:14am (PST)
    Okie dokie, you're added. Now please use your newfound status and profound responsibility wisely, Grasshopper!

Author:   Enigma
    Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 8:52am (PST)
    If I delete all the posts the thread falls back downn a few pages. Would you like this to be a sticky?

Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 1:57pm (PST)
    That might be a good idea Mr Mod, sir. This way you can delete all the posts as we update the club. Plus, a lot of people may not know about this thread. Thanks Enigma!

Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 2:17pm (PST)
    Stickied.

I'll delete the posts every once in a while to keep it clean here.

Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 2:49pm (PST)
    Thanks my fellow GTA Mod, you're the BEST!

Author:   Shane
    Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 4:38pm (PST)
    Does a PSP 100% count? Because for all intensive purposes, its the same game

If it does count, then add me please

Date:   Jul 03, 06 at 4:50pm (PST)
    Nah man, there is a 100% club in that forum. YOu have to get 100% in the PS2 version. Maybe, at sopme point I will let people join here for the PSP, and just pt an asterisk next to their names to denote that they didn't complete it on the PS2, but did so on the PSP.

Author:   Mnmfan
    Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 2:10am (PST)
    I know you dismissed this idea when I asked you to implement it in the SA forum but I did a 100% club in the SA Xbox forum and this idea worked well.

It's very easy for someone to post here saying 'I got 100%. Add me to that list'.
    But if someone supplies proof it would make the list a lot more genuine. I'm not saying they have to give proof, they could still just say they got 100% and their name would be added as normal but those that do supply proof would have their image as a link after their name.
    It worked in the XBox forum.

Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 1:27pm (PST)
    I don't like that idea at all. Because I prefer to have a list of members, who have reported the achievement, rather than expecting or asking for proof. Not to mention that you really couldn't prove it anyway. A good Photoshop edit of your stats screen would work, as well as downloading pictures on the web of a screen with 100% completion. You could also download a 100% save from sites like Gamefaqs, for any console, load that save and take a picture or video. What about copying your buddies 100% save from his memory card? Who would know it wasn't you who achieved the 100% completion? Nobody.

The only way you could ever prove you have 100% save, and earned it yourself is if the entire forum hung out in your living room for about 100 hours and WATCHED you obtain 100% completion. This is why I believe proof is an utter waste of time in this club.

Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 2:57pm (PST)
    Yeah, asking for proof is not a good idea. The only way you would really be sure is indeed a video of your entire run (which are btw available on some videogame speedrun websites). Besides, not everyone has a digital camera..

Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 5:18pm (PST)
    lol and who would want to record their entire run? While we are on the subject, WHO would WATCH the entire run, to verify it? Not to mention, how would you know that the "entire run" wasn't downloaded at one of those sites? No way you can prove it anyway, so might as well just tale the word of the members, rather than asking for proof.

Author:   Mnmfan
    Date:   Jul 07, 06 at 2:17am (PST)
    Yes people could go through all the trouble of making a fake in Phtoshop but now they don't have to. All they have to do is say: 'I got it. Add me to the list'.

I'm not trying to be nasty by alienating those of us with no Digital Camera. People can still say they got it without the proof. Proof is NOT needed. But if you've got it then that's cool.

Yes, people could fake it. But why would they when it's not needed.
    Anyone who looks at that list is just gonna say 'Yeah right'. At least if only a few of us have proof it might change their mindset.

Even a little star behind the name is enough for me:

• Mnmfan [*]

It would put my mind at ease.

• Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
    All Rights Reserved.