Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Returning to the game! - questions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2410/t1770715-returning-to-game-questions/

Author:   sheepman
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:07pm (PST)
Subject:   Returning to the game! - questions
-------------------------------------------
Hi guys,

I quit like 2-3 years ago and I don't really know whats happened to the game so I have a few questions. I'm starting with 140mil and I hope to make it to 1 bil in a few months.

1) What are the new BIS melee gear? I need to get a dragon defender and a soul wars cape but that seems about it?
2) Are there any good changes to magic or magic levelling? I'm level 90 and want to get it to 99.
3) How much per hour are the best boss hunting activities?
4) What are some good new items that I should know about? So far on my list is bonecrusher and chaotic weapons.
5) What are the new prayer potions? Theres a fat potion and a prayer renewal potion? Can I get some info on these?

Author:   Unseen Steal
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 4:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Returning to the game! - questions
1) there is now an upgraded fire cape called the tokhaar cape.
2) there are no significant changes as of yet, when EOC comes out (the combat update) magic will possibly be much quicker xp.
3)not sure on this one
4)Depends what you like. One of my most used is from the Love Story quest. You can modify house teleports to go to any house portal. Very convenient.
5)The fat potion is called a flask. It holds 6 doses instead of 4 but degrades upon consumption. The prayer renewal potion is exactly as it sounds. It's an over time regeneration. The higher your prayer bonus is the more it will restore also. It's possible to actually take a sip of this and gain prayer while protecting from combat if your prayer bonuses are high enough!

Author:   Range 2h bro
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 11:40pm (PST)
I honestly can't remember if you were around when it was released but I'm going to mention it anyway, melee gear to answer your question would be the tokhaar, which is obtained through completion of the elder kiln quest, and then doing the minigame after the quest called the fight kiln. It's similiar to the fight caves as per the waves and gradual difficulty the higher the waves, but instead of 1 jad, you fight 7 in total and 2 of them on the same wave!

Again I think you may have be around but nex gear, torva/pernix/virtus. All of which are the best in their category going from melee/range/mage, but some may argue that ganodermic armour rivals virtus in some ways cause of it's amazing soak agaisnt mage.

To answer your mage question if you'd prefer to train your mage through combat there's obviously ice strykewyrms which are a 93 slayer monster, or glacors, which are a miniboss unlocked after the ritual of the mahjaarat quest. I honestly can't answer the cash per hour at bosses though. But god wars dungeon bosses are more money per hour now I would say with the release of all the new drops each of them have.

New items, hmm. As you've mentioned bonecrusher/chaotics are good. Herbicide is good again through dungeoneering tokens, it allows you to sometimes save a secondary ingrediant, good for making overloads or even extreme sets for overloads!. And as Justin mentioned Love Story tabs are insanely useful.

Just to branch out on what Justin said about potion flasks , yeah they hold 6 doses each they get destroyed upon drinking the last dose only...downside per se is that you have to complete a quest to be able to mine red sandstone that you can then turn into flasks , you can only mine 50 red sandstone a day. Well worth finding out/doing the quest as the last time I looked they were 4K each to buy.

And prayer renewal potions restore more prayer than a regular prayer potion 1.25x more if I recall correctly, and as Justin said it's over time and if your prayer bonus is high enough your prayer won't even drop.

Sorry if I mentioned things you already knew. Just thought I'd try and mention as much as possible.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:24am (PST)
quote Range 2h bro
I honestly can't remember if you were around when it was released but I'm going to mention it anyway, melee gear to answer your question would be the tokhaar, which is obtained through completion of the elder kiln quest, and then doing the minigame after the quest called the fight kiln. It's similiar to the fight caves as per the waves and gradual difficulty the higher the waves, but instead of 1 jad, you fight 7 in total and 2 of them on the same wave!
It's 34 waves, 7 Jads, a boss that's arguably tougher than Jad. People farm Kilns as they give either a cape mentioned or an uncut onyx. It takes roughly an hour. The arena fills with lava, and the only other help you have is your familiar and crystals.
Again I think you may have be around but nex gear, torva/pernix/virtus. All of which are the best in their category going from melee/range/mage, but some may argue that ganodermic armour rivals virtus in some ways cause of it's amazing soak agaisnt mage.
Gano basically murders Nomad, if you ever had trouble with him.
To answer your mage question if you'd prefer to train your mage through combat there's obviously ice strykewyrms which are a 93 slayer monster, or glacors, which are a miniboss unlocked after the ritual of the mahjaarat quest. I honestly can't answer the cash per hour at bosses though. But god wars dungeon bosses are more money per hour now I would say with the release of all the new drops each of them have.
Glacors are easy to get the hang of, it's the quest requirements and cost per hour of Glacors that deter most people. But they drop shards of Armadyl, which are made into Armadyl runes or a hundred for an Armadyl orb. They can also drop Steadfasts, Ragefires, or Glaivens- boots priced at 50m, 8m, or 16m.
New items, hmm. As you've mentioned bonecrusher/chaotics are good. Herbicide is good again through dungeoneering tokens, it allows you to sometimes save a secondary ingrediant, good for making overloads or even extreme sets for overloads!. And as Justin mentioned Love Story tabs are insanely useful.
You mean Scroll of Cleansing.
Just to branch out on what Justin said about potion flasks , yeah they hold 6 doses each they get destroyed upon drinking the last dose only...downside per se is that you have to complete a quest to be able to mine red sandstone that you can then turn into flasks , you can only mine 50 red sandstone a day. Well worth finding out/doing the quest as the last time I looked they were 4K each to buy.
Flasks are tradable, as are the filled versions. The easy quest you have to do for them also requires 81 mining and 86 crafting, but if you have that it's solid money for a daily.
And prayer renewal potions restore more prayer than a regular prayer potion 1.25x more if I recall correctly, and as Justin said it's over time and if your prayer bonus is high enough your prayer won't even drop.

Sorry if I mentioned things you already knew. Just thought I'd try and mention as much as possible.
sheepman

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:31am (PST)
Yeah scroll of cleansing my bad I'd only just woken up when I posted. And the kiln takes roughly an hour if you're speed kilning which requires a steel titan to be effective., with a yak or any other familiar it can take considerably longer. I did mention the flasks are tradeable, and are priced at 4K per flask, filled flasks are even more expensive then buying the potion and filling your own flask.

And honestly? The fight kiln boss was easy as hell in comparison to the other waves. But that's personally speaking.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:57am (PST)
quote Range 2h bro
Yeah scroll of cleansing my bad I'd only just woken up when I posted. And the kiln takes roughly an hour if you're speed kilning which requires a steel titan to be effective., with a yak or any other familiar it can take considerably longer. I did mention the flasks are tradeable, and are priced at 4K per flask, filled flasks are even more expensive then buying the potion and filling your own flask.

And honestly? The fight kiln boss was easy as hell in comparison to the other waves. But that's personally speaking.
Well, I've seen people say they've died at Harlaak for x reason. But yeah, you get loads of Jad practice and you can likely just tank them if you're in Pernix or Gano.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 4:38am (PST)
quote DC Sniper
quote Range 2h bro

Well, I've seen people say they've died at Harlaak for x reason. But yeah, you get loads of Jad practice and you can likely just tank them if you're in Pernix or Gano.
From what I hear most people die cause they pray the wrong protection style and kill the wrong tentacle. and you if you mean tank jad, it's not really possible in pernix as it doesn't offer as good soak as gano does. Plus at har aken most people die cause they camp the wrong area, the head spawns every 45 seconds and stays up for 30 seconds, and NEVER spawns on the north wall.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 4:45am (PST)
Ok this all seems like jibberish to me.
What is 'Gano'
Do I need to get a firecape before getting the upgraded version?
Are Glacors the best money making in the game?
How much money do you get for that daily?

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 7:22am (PST)
quote sheepman
Ok this all seems like jibberish to me.
What is 'Gano'
Do I need to get a firecape before getting the upgraded version?
Are Glacors the best money making in the game?
Ganodermic armor is 85 def/mage armor that gives a high magic soak bonus but is degradable.

Yes, the payment to even attempt the minigame is a one-time fee of a Fire cape.

They're pretty simple but it's down to luck really.

I don't know about the potion flasks bit though unfortunately.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 11:49am (PST)
quote sheepman
I just did a day's worth of it to find that out.

You get 50 flasks a day. The current price for one flask is 4,357 . So it's:
50*4,357=217,850

Worth 5-10 mins of work imo.

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 2:51pm (PST)
It's good to see you returning, Sheep.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 1:10am (PST)
quote Unseen Steal
quote sheepman

50*4,357=217,850

Thats assuming materials are free?

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 1:29am (PST)
quote sheepman
quote Unseen Steal
quote sheepman

50*4,357=217,850

Thats assuming materials are free?
Yes, the red sandstone that you mine is free, you then take it to a robust glass machine to turn it into something or other, sorry the name escapes me, probably glass L. and then you blow that into the flask. It's all completely free.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 7:21am (PST)
The name is robust glass.

You have the one time investment of a pickaxe and a glassblowing pipe. Both of which you certainly may already have.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 7:41am (PST)
So does the whole process actually take 5-10 minutes? If it takes 15 minutes its not really worth the time

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.